My problems

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Loaner1988

My problems

Post by Loaner1988 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:57 am

When I start PF my computer just shuts down, do any one know how to fiks this problem??
There is a time to live, and a time to die, when it`s time to meet the maker.
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:34 pm

well, a wee bit more information would be helpful, sir.

for instance, what sort of computer do you have? What sort of RAM is in it? What sort of video card are you using? What is your operating system? Do you JUST have PF or do you have the Forgotten Battles/Aces/PF merged install? And if so, what version are you running---in other words is it fully patched to the latest patch?

Also, EXACTLY when does it crash? Does it start to load partway and crash? Does it actually get loaded into the game and then crash? Or does it even try to load BEFORE it crashes?

Next: Do you get ANY sort of error message at all on your screen at ANY time before/during/after the crash?

Finally, is this something new? Have you BEEN playing the game all along and it just suddenly started? Or have you NEVER been able to play it? And do you get the problem with ANY OTHER game you try to play?

I've probably forgotten something important to ask... but the above questions would surely help in tracking down your problem or at the least, make it a bit faster and easier.

Hope you get it sorted.

Salute!
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:59 pm

Hi I'm michael I'm 17 and... oh
:oops:
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:43 pm

Please also look in your application event log.

Start>Settings>ControlPanel>Administrative Tools>EventViewer>Application

There maybe some relevant information there.

G
I fear no beer

Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:08 pm

Well if the problem is your computer shutting down then I would advise you don't try to start PF.

If the problem is that you want to play PF on your computer then I've got to say "Dont ask me I don't know Sh!t"

;) :roll:
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:47 pm

I don't know, with the computer actually shutting down it almost sounds like a virus. I've had my puter lock up before, but shut down? Wow, I thought Murphy liked me, I think he's really out to get this guy.

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell