First online victory... do you remember yours?

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:50 pm

:lol:

I wonder what Nightfly will look like when he gets out? :D
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:44 pm

There´s probably some vegetation growing out of him, since he´s spendt so much time in the woods.... :lol:
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:57 pm

There´s probably some vegetation growing out of him, since he´s spendt so much time in the woods....
That´s how i look, after spending too much time in the woods :lol:

???

ummm,

where you assaulting a yarn factory, Sap?

did you have kittens following you?

Fal "no clue" con
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:10 pm

-runs away, and hides under the stairs-

:shock:
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
Nightfly
Baby Boardie

Post by Nightfly » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:47 pm

Hey I wil post you some pics, atleast I'll try. Someday 8)
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Fenian waxed nostalgic...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:46 am

We were known as the Irish Free Rangers.

You sure it wasn't the Irish Fried Chickens? :lol:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Driver13
Beginner

Post by Driver13 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:58 am

My first aerial victory of a human opponent happened earlier tonight, on Snoop's server, an a Zero against an F4U chasing a member of FI. I believe it was Fenian. I took off, turned, fired a couple shots, and the f4u spun into the tarmac. I proceeded to attempt a landing, and crashed due to fragile landing gears, and also the 45 degree glide slope.

Snuffly said this about the incident. "That guy got 'im". I later bagged a Zero in an F4U, and then the kills started flooding in. \:D/
Snuffly
Baby Boardie

Post by Snuffly » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:10 am

I got lucky, some dude was trying to outturn me, with a yak, and i had the Spitfire MKVB 1941.

Btw, i tried to outurn a la7 with that spit once but it didnt work... But i can do it with a P-40, and a spit 1941 can out turn the P-40

?????
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Well, hmmm....

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:40 pm

I don't remember if it was my first virtual airial victory, but it's the only one I can remember well, so that's what I'll tell ya about.

I was flyin' on Warclouds, just after PF's release, and I chose to fly for the IJN as there were far too many Hogs in the air (Something ridiculous like 23 to 12 or something) and I took off from the stationary carrier and flew around awhile only to see a Corsair slide in behind me on my 6. I did a hard turn and he tried, in vein, to follow me. Before I knew it, I was coming up behind him and he was still trying to turn with me. I pulled in behind him and shot everything I had. To my surprise, I hit him! I hit just behind the cockpit and my shots broke his plane in two. I remember flying and wanting to scream to someone who could have seen it...

Only to realise later that I forgot to record it.

:cry:

[EDIT]
I just remembered my first online kill!

I posted it a while ago:
It's official!

I have my first confirmed online aerial kill! Says so right here! Thanks for that Kepp

I'd love to say it was skill, but I think that Keppoch ran out of fuel or ammo. At this point, I would like to point out that I didn't know, until after I had put several shells into his plane that it was Kepp, much less that he was out of ammo, or fuel. Or what ever he was out of.

Sorry for wasting space on this, just thought it was a funny little mile stone.

yay.
It was Snoop's FB/AEP server. If I remember right, I was above Kepp because he was running out of fuel, due to a fuel leak. He was out of ammo (I think). I unceremoniously cruised in behind him, and shot him until he fell out of the virtual sky.

Not that "skillful" of a maneuvre, but I finally did remember it.

:D

^:)

[/EDIT]
Last edited by :FI:Snaphoo on Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
:FI:Cider
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Cider » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:46 am

my first online kill happened on the jg2000 server flying the original fb.
it was a vicious low-level chase, me in a hurricane IIc and the opponent in some 190. instead of typing something appropriate like "S!" i punched "yeeeehaw" into the chatline which seemed to annoy the guy i just shot down as he got me 5 minutes later :lol: .

the funniest kill was on a no icon, no map-path, no outside view server hosting the krimea map. there were just a few planes on the server so i cruised around the map for nearly 30 minutes till i got bored and rtb'ed.
when i closed to my home-airfield i noticed some plane strafing the aaa-emplacements around the airfield. i managed to get on his 6 unseen (he was in a 109, me in hurricane IIc) and get VERY close. just before he was doing a nother strafing run i literally deleted him out of the skies :lol: .
the guy was a good sport, i had a funny chat with him later on. :D :D

:FI:Cider
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off.
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:49 am

Driver13 wrote:My first aerial victory of a human opponent happened earlier tonight, on Snoop's server, an a Zero against an F4U chasing a member of FI. I believe it was Fenian. I took off, turned, fired a couple shots, and the f4u spun into the tarmac. I proceeded to attempt a landing, and crashed due to fragile landing gears, and also the 45 degree glide slope.

Snuffly said this about the incident. "That guy got 'im". I later bagged a Zero in an F4U, and then the kills started flooding in. \:D/
Congrats driver :D!

Man I wish I was there with you guys :D Can't wait till tomorrow :D

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:53 pm

Dont remember my first online kill, but I do remember my first time online!! lol I had read on the boards about all these aces etc and how much harder it was than offline. The first time I saw another aircraft (it wasn't even an enemy!) I yanked so hard on the stick that I stalled, went into a spin, and hit the deck! Sorta set a precedent really :roll:
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

first online kill?

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:39 pm

head-on, guy replied "sorry I'm a noob" :lol:
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:51 am

I remember my firstonline kill, though there were very few of them alll together. It was when I was still a 56 kb modem user and I shot down some guy - a 109 , I was flying aircobra. The guy was quite angry when I announced that it was my first kill onlin:) Gosh, I was proud:)
ImageImageImage
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:13 pm

Can't remember my first kill online, and while there have been some great memories to date, probably the one that brings tears to my eyes (and lots of laughter) was this one -

A relative newcomer named :FI:SixxPak was impressing some of the older :FI: Sages (obviously they're very easy to impress ;) ).

Anyway, although fun-loving TacticalS! was flying on the opposite team, a rather frightened SixxPak was describing to me that an enemy was on his six shooting to his heart's content. Back then I took longer to make the kill, or did I just enjoy watching others suffer? Anyway, the poor little beggar was practically in tears when I finally promised to come over and "lend him a hand."

Of course it had been ME all along that was on SixxPak's tail, and it took all my willpower to stay perfectly calm and sincere over TeamSpeak as I comforted him right down to the GROUND! There all better now sucky baby! :badgrin: :shock: :lol:

Sadly, now you know why SixxPak is always gunning for me these days, regardless of what team we are actually on.

Tact - "your friend in need" S!