The three step method to becoming an Irishman

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: The three step method to becoming an Irishman

Post by :FI:Armitage » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:19 pm

start a business in ireland and you could get a passport. Google the business for irish passport scheme
Tekki
Beginner

Post by Tekki » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:21 pm

:FI:Armitage wrote:start a business in ireland and you could get a passport. Google the business for irish passport scheme
:?:
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Drink a pint of Guinness :beer: . You'll find the majority here are not Irish, so its no problem.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:07 am

:FI:Ardmore wrote:You'll find the majority here are not Irish, so its no problem.

Vin
Does that mean a few have slipped in by mistake ;)
Olegs stalker

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Tekki wrote:... However, I am confused.
... spanish ... german ... Algeria ... France ... Austria ... Swiss.
:shock:

Well, jeez! I think anyone would be confused in your situation!!!

Just your luck though, we have a special rule about Hispanogermanalgerianfrenchaustrianswiss-ians.

If you enjoy wood molding and rubber boots ... you're in.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:18 pm

"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:46 pm

good old father ted. Follow those and you will defo fit in
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:54 pm

Too bad we can't watch those
Dieses Video enthält Content von MyVideoRights. Dieser Partner hat das Video in deinem Land aus urheberrechtlichen Gründen gesperrt.
Image ImageImage
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Dear Mum & Dad,

I am very well, I hope you are too. Tell big brothers Sean, Paddy and Mick that the Army is better than working on the farm; tell them to get into the Army quick before the jobs
are all gone.
I was a bit slow settling down at first because you don't get out of bed until 6am, but I got used to it and I like sleeping in now. All you do before breakfast is make your bed, shine your boots and clean your uniform. No cows to milk, no calves to feed, no feed to stack, nothing. Men must shave, but it’s not too bad because there's hot water and a light to see what you’re doing. For breakfast there’s cereal, fruit and eggs but there's no fillet steaks or sausages. You don't get fed again until noon, and by that time all the city boys are buggered because we've been on a 'route march', which is just like walking to the well in the meadow.

This will kill Sean and Paddy with laughter but I keep getting medals for shooting!! I don’t know why because the bull’s-eye is as big as a bloody bull's head and it doesn't move and it’s not firing back at you like the Murphy’s did when our bull got their cow in calf before the Ballina show. All you have to do is make yourself comfortable and hit the target - piece of piss. You don't even load your own cartridges – they come in boxes and you don't have to steady yourself against the roll bar of the tractor when you reload. Sometimes we wrestle with the city boys and I have to be very careful because they break easy - it's not like fighting with Sean, Paddy, Mick and all the other local fellas all at once like we do.

Turns out I'm not a bad boxer either; it looks like I'm the best the platoon's got. I've only been beaten once by this guy from Dublin - he's 6 foot 8 and 120 kilos so he’s a good bit bigger than me but I fought to the end.
I can't complain about the Army - tell the boys to get in quick before word gets out how good it is.

Your loving daughter,
Siobhàn.
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:57 am

:FI:Wolfhound wrote:Your loving daughter,
Siobhàn.
Dec, could you show us a photo of her so we can get an imagination of this true Irish maiden ...

:shock: :CX :lol:
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image