Battle of Stalingrad - Media

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Battle of Stalingrad - Media

Post by Nephris » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:00 pm

Not sure if I am in the correct forum section, if not maybe a mod can move that thread to the appropiate section or just delete it, if you got a simila thread in your intern forum section.
I just wanted to share with you a leaked video of "Il2 - Battle of Stalingrad" which presents an alpha version of a Lagg3 over the Stalingrad landscape. It is alpha and actually not intended for public use .... it is a leaked one.
Maybe you find it interesting.

Furthermore you can find here a album that collect all screenshots made for public so far.
For myself I really look forward to the game, as RoF was and is a quality product!

I guess most of you also know the Developer Diary which got renewed almost each friday afternoon
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Re: Battle of Stalingrad - Media

Post by Nephris » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Bf109 -F4 over Stalingrad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wrPU-xW2-8

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

The final game price will be announced this summer , beta starts this fall.

The armore plate of a Bf109 F4 will beexchangble (fielmod). An armor plate decreases sight on six but increases bullet penetration saftey

Joining the closed beta ?
Jason:
The Beta period is approaching, but we're not taking signups from the public at large at the moment and we are not prepared at this moment to discuss Beta testing with the public other than to say that phase is approaching.
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:51 pm

looks nice but then so did Cliffs of Dover!
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:41 am

Next BoS Spam

The video shows an alpha of the LaGGs, which roll rate still needs to be adapted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... R7O9fmyJwE

Looks all as in usual RoF quality.
Although I am always a bit sceptic on eastern products, which shouldnt be a kind of discrimination but my personal expierience only, I am looking forward to BoS.
Since Jason joined the RoF team years ago, the games quality increased massively, compared to its first release year.
Imho their politics in dealing with the community and presenting footage looks very proffessional, for that small team and game niche.
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Alpha Sound - Early Moan Lower Testing :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... NESUo1qQZg

Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:54 am

A user of tge german Il2 community (Manni)was in Moscow the past days and visited the studio of 1C-777. Latest confirmed news about upcoming planes
Bf109 F4
Ju87
He111
Bf109g2

Yak1
Lagg3
P3
Il2

adding to more unknown planes which will come along with a so called
collector box
The FMB will be the same as in RoF.
No more single planes planned to buy ,but depending to the success Kuban 43 is a possible sequel.
The game looks polished and runs on mid range rigs.
However the user never played RoF .

Source forum.Sturmovik.de
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Looks great, graphics and the way the rafts move look far more real than COD, just hop they get the feel of the planes right.
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:32 pm

I really hope the devs come to the conclusion to use different approaches for motor management.
It would be ashame if this option would be as minimalized as it got in RoF.
The first versions of RoF offered much more of a motor management ,than the simple solution it offers now.

Of course some players just want to dogfight, without taking care of fine adjusting coolers, compressors etc.
however some really enjoy to fly the most "full real" as it can get.
I dont expect a DCS example but a Cliffs of Dover solution wouldnt be the worst , when we talk about motor management.

This is from the user who was in the -1C 777- studios in Moscow and who talked to Loft.
Loft erzählte nur etwas ueber steuerungsvereinfachung. Es sind ölkühler, wasserkühler und motorlüftungsklappen modelliert und zur zeit einzeln steuerbar.
Die ueberlegen dies zu vereinfachen - also anstatt 3 tasten nur eine oder 2 zu verwenden um es nicht zu überfrachten.
War mit der lösung nicht so recht zufrieden sehe aber ein, dass 3 axen oder 6 tasten nur für kühlsysteme einfach zu viel sind.

Loft told sth about simple controls.Oil cooler,water radiant, motor cooler flaps are modelled and controlable at time. But they consider to make it more simple, means instead using 3 keys just 1 or 2. Loft wasnt pleasured with that idea at all, but 3 axis or 6 keys would be too much for cooling systems.
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:37 pm

A report of that german user who was in the devils cave in moscow
Something like one month ago =VNVV=Stoyanov and me decided to kill some time and burn some money to make waiting for the next-gen Simulation IL2-Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad easier. So the plan arose to head to Moscow and meet the Developers, see the development progress and surely have some of Russia´s finest drinks.

Tickets were bought, visa´s arranged, and off we went to Moscow starting from Sofia (Bulgaria) and Frankfurt (Germany). Arriving there, we were picked up by =VNVV=Steata who happens to live near Moscow and is maybe the only non-russian able to survive in the traffic we experienced.

As our appointment with the 1CGS team was at Wednesday evening we had 2 days to kill with walking around and viewing modern Moscow which is for someone used to west European cities enormous in its size and its really huge buildings, parks and open squares.

Moscow - VNVV

Finally Wednesday came and Loft picked us up for a walkthrough in the office. I ‘am sure they get a better one as soon as the game sells as we all hope and expect :) . Nevertheless it was enough to fill us with envy by arranging their trophies from countless competitions =FB= participated in, onto what some would call a shrine. Being competition pilots ourselves the holy grails arranged in the middle of the office were reporting from great old times – a picture I should have taken…

It was really interesting to see Loft talk about his project and one had to notice that this is not only a regular job for the team but also a hobby. Even though it was a bad time for a visit as the project reached some important steps, Loft took 3 hours to explain and show us as much as possible in this short time.

Let´s start with the basic release and Add-On policy. At the release there will be 2 game versions at different pricing. The first, being the standard version, will include 8 planes:

USSR:

IL-2 (one- & two-seater version)
Pe-2 (version?)
Yak-1
Lagg-3

Germany:

He-111
Ju-87
BF-109 F4
BF-109 G2

The collector’s edition will include 2 more planes which will be announced very soon. After release, another 2 planes will follow. Both planes can be bought seperatly. In the meantime the team will work on the next big Add-On – if everything works according to planJ.

Like in “Rise of Flight” there won´t be non-flyable AI planes as they use the same FM & DM the player does. The effort needed to make a flyable plane is probably equal to a non-flyable plane.

The first mission was loaded and we saw the landscape, cities and villages, which be assured look really good from every altitude. Uneven terrain caused by snowdrifts, riverbanks and small hills are visible from down low to 10k which gives the landscape a natural look.

All this was run on a current average system and there was no noticeable hit on performance. Not when we moved the mouse in free-view mode like crazy or zoomed in and out of the city of Stalingrad. Stalingrad itself is modeled 1 on 1 with every building placed exactly like in the real world and having their own damage level. I guess the Pilots from “Rise of Flight” are used to this even though every tree has a damage model :) .

A mission with 50 vs. 50 tanks (PzKw 4 vs. T34) engaging each other followed, where each tank and tank formation moved and choose its targets independently – no stutter, no micro freezes – simply beautiful. The tanks and other objects like trucks have a great Level of Detail, being visible at great altitude which will make IL-2 and Stuka pilots very happy I guess.

The “Stuka on foot” (SdKfz 251 with Wurfrahmen 40) was also a nice picture with its smoke trails being visible at some thousand meters away while firing. It will be impressive to see a few batteries of Katjuschas firing at once. Sadly we can´t enjoy the sound of the impacts because of being next to a running 1500hp engine.

The view distance from your plane will be about 40km and you never feel being in the middle of a light-spot like in so many other simulations. The LoD transition seems to work very smooth on tanks, trucks and planes. Again old news for “Rise of Flight” pilots :) .

Fighting in a Lagg-3 against the AI was a good demonstration of the flight model where you could really feel that you are maneuvering a few tons of plane around powered by a 1000 horses. After a few maneuvers you notice that this FM is unmatched by anything currently in the market. The handling got easier after VikS joined the test and demanded to not touch the engines power setting, as it makes the controls sluggish and you need every bit of power to get through a turning circle. But in the end he didn’t mention that there are exceptions, like when diving after a contact. When in the dive your speed catches up fast, the elevator blocks almost completely and one can only wait for the impact.

The landing trial was a similar disaster with the plane being really sluggish at the approach and a steady prop stream has to be applied to have some control authority at all.

Shooting at the AI´s even from dead six was hard to accomplish at distances over 200m and a 20mm main gun firing at a rate of fire we were only used with the 37mm from P-39. So the only hits we managed were some 7,62mm from approximately 400m distance which were nicely visible as small impact holes on the wing roots. We were being told that if we would hit with the 20mm at all it would only take 1-2 hits to take a plane down – and yes we noticed a sly smileJ.

Again during the whole flight we were impressed by the visibility of the planes. One could identify it by its shape from great distance and judge its angle and flight direction exactly.

All in all we had a hard time getting control of the Lagg-3. We hope it’s the stick & button setup combined with the missing TrackIR and pedals we are not used to :) . It caused us to feel and fail miserably.
Source