One for Richard

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

One for Richard

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:21 pm

One late afternoon, after a hard day in the courts, a solicitor was riding home in his large Jaguar motor car
when he saw two men kneeling at the road-side eating grass.
Concerned at what he saw he stopped his car and went to investigate.
He said to one man " Why are you eating grass ?"
"Well sir, we don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."
Shocked at this the solicitor said "Well then, come with me to my house and I'll feed you,"
"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, sitting beneath that tree."
"Bring them along," the solicitor said.
Turning to the other poor man he said, "You may come with us, as well. "
The second man, in a weak and pitiful voice said, "But sir, I can't leave my family ~ I have a wife and six children with me!"
Without hesitation the solicitor said " then you must bring them all as well," and they all squeezed themselves into the luxurious motor car
Once under way, one of the poor fellows turned and said, " Sir, you are too kind. Thank you so much for taking all of us with you.
The solicitor replied "I'm just glad to do it ~ I've just moved into a beautiful new home and the grass is almost a foot high."

Come on now.........................................you didn't think for one moment...? .........No, of course you didn't !
Olegs stalker

:FI:Rambo
Professional Boardie

Re: One for Richard

Post by :FI:Rambo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:15 pm

=D] =D] =D] :lol: :lol:
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:46 pm

My grass has remained uncut for some considerable time so all are welcome. I will even consider reduced rates !

As some of you know my wife has Multiple Sclerosis and we have lived with it for over ten years now. Her condition deteriorated earlier on this summer and it got to the point where hospital treatment could not be avoided, sods law being as it is our girls were on summer holiday and it was too much for them so they went to my father in law's farm for most of the break. Fortunately Nicola has improved enough so she is back home now as are the girls.

As you can guess this has kept me occupied to the point where I haven't even started up my Gaming PC for long enough to make Windows updates a big deal. I hope to be back up for some IL2 and RoF soon.

S~
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Really sorry to hear that Richard.

I have something called transverse myelitis - a lesion in the cervical spine in my case rather than the brain as in MS - and I've been struggling a bit with that of late.

Glad to hear Nicola's improved enough to come home.

Hope you still managed a smile at the joke?
Olegs stalker

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:50 am

Glad shes home.

Joke is still funny though.
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:24 pm

@Richard - Good to hear that things will be a bit more under control now and settled with the kids. Trusting Oscar is OK in the equation too.

@any other grass eating people - I have lots of grass here .... I might not have a big Jaguar car in which to transport you, but my grass is very lush and green :)

G
I fear no beer

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:09 am

:FI:Gurberly wrote:
@any other grass eating people - I have lots of grass here .... I might not have a big Jaguar car in which to transport you, but my grass is very lush and green :)

G
Thanks for the offer , but Brixtons closer to home.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)