About Canon´s BOB map

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

About Canon´s BOB map

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:59 am

Folks!

Again I want to apologize the unconveniences you all have to suffer yesterday evening/afternoon. I was wondering all night long (not literally of course) what the reason for the troubles was and this morning I checked my MODS/MapMods/maps folder again. To my honest surprise I found a second folder named _CAN_Channel that was supposed to used for hosting online. The other CAN_Channel folder contains all the .ini files referring to the the fancy textures that have been added later by other AAA authors to Canon´s BOB map.

I´m still not sure but I assume that the troubles for some of you trying to join my server were based on the different CAN_Channel.ini file I used yesterday. Just in order to assure myself I´m going to set up a COOP server with one of Nellip´s old BOB missions on next Wednesday at 1900 BST/2000 CET/1400 US Eastern so we could test if the different CAN_Channel was really the trouble maker ...

Nonetheless, I really do aplogize for the troubles and waste of time I caused for you.

:(

S! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: About Canon´s BOB map

Post by :FI:Airway » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:29 am

This is how my Mapmods folder structure looks like. I was able to join the two times.

Thats the bad side of the mods I think that there are different version of mods and switches and there is different knowledge
on how to handle these files.
So that's all the confusion it can cause.

Finally we will work it out - at least I hope so :D

Thank you for hosting anyway, Frank !
Image ImageImage
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Hey Frank

That sounds like the cause - so lets test on Wednesday and see - presumably some of the people who could not join (Falcon & Wardog spring to mind) will need to be there to make the test meaningful?

The delay did get a bit frustrating but these things happen and we have all been the cause at some point! "C'est la guerre" as they say in Germany!

I had a good time on the DF server and forgot how much fun they can be, and no waiting for half an hour for the next mission when you get shot down :lol: Ironically the only person to shoot me down last night was a team-mate :D
Olegs stalker

:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:34 pm

I'll be there as I think I have the problem sorted now. :D

It was my Daughters damn sims2 game causing some graphics probs. :(
I was able in the end to get onto Franks server and get into a plane but when the plane spawned I could see everyone else was ok but my plane was slow and eventually it kicked a time out error.

I un-installed her game and sure enough everything started to work properly but by that time everyone had gone.

So count me in for wednesday ;)

Wardog ^:) :beer: :beer:
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:00 pm

:FI:Nellip wrote:Ironically the only person to shoot me down last night was a team-mate :D
Gah! ... and the only person to shoot ME down was Neil!

I'll be there Wednesday.* I'll see that "sorry" and raise you a pardonnez-moi, as they say in Germany.

Thanks Frank,

Falcon

* I have a guest coming from 7:00 GMT 'til whenever I can kick her out. Hope I'm not late.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:24 am

:FI:Airway wrote:This is how my Mapmods folder structure looks like. I was able to join the two times.

Thats the bad side of the mods I think that there are different version of mods and switches and there is different knowledge
on how to handle these files.
So that's all the confusion it can cause.

Finally we will work it out - at least I hope so :D

Thank you for hosting anyway, Frank !
~~~

Mine:

Mods/MapMods/Maps ...

_Tex
fly_zo_BOB
RD_Malvinas
vol_ItalyAfricaGreece
dlv_Sinai
mrz_Malta
Slot
vol_Sardegna

~~~

no CAN_Channel

... is dat a bad thing?

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:41 am

Mine was working.... so does that mean it wont be on Wednesday !
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:11 am

:FI:Falcon wrote: ...
~~~
Mine:

Mods/MapMods/Maps ...

_Tex
fly_zo_BOB
RD_Malvinas
vol_ItalyAfricaGreece
dlv_Sinai
mrz_Malta
Slot
vol_Sardegna

~~~

no CAN_Channel

... is dat a bad thing?

F
Possibly.
Have you run the installer and installed the Mod into the correct folder?
http://www.pigyn.com/genosse/mods/8_Can ... 2_4_09.exe
Image ImageImage
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:09 am

Talking about textures there was just one texture that came with this map ... it´s the whitechalk.tga in the _tex/land/summer/ folder ... so I think you don´t have to worry about the textures there, Stu!

;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
seaniebeag

Post by seaniebeag » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:42 am

Guys does anyone know how to run this map with lowengrin's dcg? I'm trying to get it in at some stage on the western_front grand campaign but i'm no good with editing files.
If anyone else is familiar with the dynamic campaign generator (havent seen it mentioned here before) and has tired this let me know!
Cheers
Revelation
Beginner

Post by Revelation » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:02 pm

:FI:Wardog wrote:I'll be there as I think I have the problem sorted now. :D

It was my Daughters damn sims2 game causing some graphics probs. :(
I was able in the end to get onto Franks server and get into a plane but when the plane spawned I could see everyone else was ok but my plane was slow and eventually it kicked a time out error.

I un-installed her game and sure enough everything started to work properly but by that time everyone had gone.

So count me in for wednesday ;)

Wardog ^:) :beer: :beer:
The Sims 2 is equivalent to Satan.

My sister's been using it for years and whatever pc she installs it on ends up slow as balls, BSODS left, right and center and will usually only be fixed by a reformat.

My PC is the only one she's never been able to get to, and even though mine is the only one still running properly my family refuses to believe me.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:11 pm

seaniebeag wrote:Guys does anyone know how to run this map with lowengrin's dcg? I'm trying to get it in at some stage on the western_front grand campaign but i'm no good with editing files.
If anyone else is familiar with the dynamic campaign generator (havent seen it mentioned here before) and has tired this let me know!
Cheers
Theres a pretty good DCG guide by Scharnhorst @AAA site, go search his posts there.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)