Best track ir settings

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Best track ir settings

Post by :FI:Wardog » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi folks

Well I have gone and done it. Took delivery of a nice new track ir ultra setup today(after managing to convince my wonderful missus that :beg: "I really do need one") which comes with the track ir 4 and the pro clip.

Is there anything I should know before installing it and does anyone have a setup that they can recomend as I want to get it up and running fairly quickly and get some practise with it before sundays coops.

Wardog 8) ^:) :beer:
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Best track ir settings

Post by :FI:Scott » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:23 pm

Setup was easy on my Dino-pc. Just follow the instructions.

Make sure you aren't getting interference from other light sources (ala Falcons Fridge door) or you will find yourself looking up your own arse for no reason when you least need it. You will have to experiment with what position the unit works best in- when I had a track hat it was on the same shelf as the monitor but with the clip on top of the monitor works best.

As to profiles Im sure that someone has one of their own but I think the combat flight one thats with the software is pretty good.

With the clip (unless they have beefed it up from the early ones) watch out- it is fragile !. Dont spend ages trying to make the four red lights on the Trackir unit work and convince yourself they are broken- the clip is an active light source and the red lights are only needed if you are using reflective dots instead. I know a real Plonker who spent ages doing that- Me.

Finally live in fear of it ever going on the blink- if you use it once you wont be able to fly without it again
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:49 pm

:FI:Wardog wrote:Hi folks

(after managing to convince my wonderful missus that :beg: "I really do need one")
Wardog 8) ^:) :beer:
How did you ever do this? My wonderfull wife keeps putting feeding the familly ahead of my wants. Off topic though I did find a program called Freetrack and I'm gonna give this a try after I build a 3 point LED thingy for my head. Hope this will work until I save $$ for a real Track IR.

Off topic again, I did find some TR3 online for sale, does a TR3 work well or should I just wait out for a Track IR 4?
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Off topic again, I did find some TR3 online for sale, does a TR3 work well or should I just wait out for a Track IR 4?
TIR2 is good enough for IL2 (without 6dof Mod) so TIR3 should be more , Standard IL2 cant use all the features of TIR4, but if you run FSX or are thinking forward to BoB (If you can wait that long) its probably worth saving.
An old thread , but still a good one T_O_A_D s track IR fix

If you can get 3 at good price , go for it.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Got it all setup and going and have found it better using the hat clip attached to my headset and not the pro clip as I am getting a much better range of movement. All I have to do now is get used to flying with it :D

So far it is working very well and not jumping around which is cool.

Wardog \:D/ ^:) :beer:
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:38 am

I'm still using a TIR2 for Il-2, and though quirky at times I've found I can't fly anymore without it. :)

Just remember to keep the Face of the IR receiver clean, or you get unpredictable results.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:29 am

yeah,

my Track IR is alsow workless in a dusty corner, if i can have a config file with the deadzone's and so

then i can use it again.

I always hav a fight with this device..
I have the version that came out before the vector one , I think thats Track ir 3 ??
or do i talk crap now ?? #-o :?
Anyone ??

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...