Joystick Drivers...

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Joystick Drivers...

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:17 pm

OK, here's the "funny thing that happened on my way to play this sim" story for today...

So, last night, I was finishing putting my desk together and decided to put the drivers for the X52 and the "Pro Pedals" on my PC. I figured I'd disable the configuration software, as I've heard about problems with it being a system hog. Anyway, I put the disk in and can't get past the first step because it tells me that it found an older version of the Saitek drivers and needs to remove them.

"OK, so do it", I tell my computer by clicking the appropriate continue box.

My computer whirrs and hums happily as though it were performing the task, but then nothing happens. No continuation menus or anything. I click the command again. Same result. So now I've got new hardware with old, incompatible drivers.

I'm using the default windows drivers and they seem to be working just fine. Do I need the Saitek drivers? Does anyone know how to get rid of drivers that don't seem to want to leave?

Sna"just wonderin' "phoo
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:25 pm

Go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Human Interface Devices (or Sound, Video and Game Controllers)->Properties->Drivers->Roll back Drivers then reinstall drivers from disk and see if that works.

At least it worked for my MSFF2.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:33 pm

no, you only need that saitek cd if you want to install the profiler. i must admit though it is pretty nice and depending on how much ram you have it shouldnt be a system hog at least it isnt for me. ;)
There are two things that are infinite in life, human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not too sure about the universe. Albert Einstein
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

If you...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:42 am

...can do without the Saitek software, just install the driver from the System Devices>Hardware section.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:28 pm

Are those CH Pro pedals? If so you really ought to install the software so you can program the toe brakes.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:05 pm

They're Saitek PRO pedals... Sadly my saga continues... It seems to be working in game so it hasn't been a huge dilemma as far as the sim goes. It's just annoying to know there's software on my machine that isn't doing anything... I finally got it loaded, but it won't come up and work, at all...

Meh, I'll work on it as I can...

Maybe I should unplug all the Saitek devices from my PC before I install the software... I forgot to do that before...
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.