Need some help from you wise fellows...

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Great comments and suggestions.

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:59 pm

Thanks for the input all! I really appreciate the suggestions. I haven't fully decided what I'm going to do next. But, I will eventually have a Throttle/Stick with Pedals, as I enjoy the prospect of immersion and have looked forward to more immersion since picking up my TrackIR some time back.

I have had a chance to fondle the X52 and it definitely feels a bit higher quality than the X45. It definitely has a smoother throw, and appears to have higher quality components. I've also owned a CH stick and enjoyed that level of precision (it's the old style hookup, and I don't feel comfortable in my electrical ability to convert it to USB with a soldering gun, if that's even possible). I love the CH sticks, but I don't think anyone near me carries their product. I don't like to wait for stuff to be delivered, if I don't have to.

Pedals will come as soon as I get a new desk, if not just before. My current desk has no leg room underneath it for such luxuries. I'm leaning toward the Saitek pedals, due to the width of the pedals. I'll need to check the CH and Saitek pedals side by side for function and compare any extra features that they might have.

So, thanks again, I will be looking forward to flying soon. Hopefully online, even!
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:14 pm

:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:21 pm

I tried about 6 different low to mid end set-ups before I finally gave in and bought the full CH gear package last year (stick/rudder/throttle). I can say that it was the best purchase I ever made. Not that my flying is all that great now, but it definitely improved after my purchase.
Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:31 pm

Six weeks ago Baders?

So you're still in the

"Gah! My twisty stick isn't moving the rud ... oh ... pedals, right." stage?
LOL

Naaahhh!

Never happend to me. :oops:

Right hand still reverts to "joystick twisting" in correlation with alcohol intake.

I.E.

No alcohol = feet move rudder (All is well)

Alcohol level = chilled and mellowed = feet move rudder 75% of time.( Me thinks "these pedals are the bees knees")

Alcohol level = very,very mellow, laid back an chillin'= feet move rudder 30% to 50% of time. ( Me thinks why did I buy pedals? I could have put the pennies to good use on a down payment on some good Rum/Gin/Vodka/Drambuie)

Alcohol level = chilled and tuned in. The world is a wonderfull place = feet move rudder 5% to 30% of time. (F£cK these pedals are sh!t! They no worky! WTF was I thinking? B@stds get on my six and keep targeting my rudder! Even before take off! I always knew there was some fifth columnists in the squad! Rebate? Insurance claim?)

Alcohol level = as good as it gets without passing out = Feet move rudder pedals 0 to 5% of time. Movement > 0 is involuntary, Movement = 0 is normal ie I've passed out.

I'm telling you pedals are the way to go!!!

Take it from one who knows!
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:14 am

Well I have given up trying to fix my MSFFB2 :(

Currently bidding on a used example on e-bay - wish me luck :?

If that fails then it maybe CH gear for me as well.
Olegs stalker

:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:17 am

I won - my barely used and working MSFFB2 is on its way via ebay and should arrive tomorrow! \:D/

Downside is it cost me £78 plus postage, which is £20 more than a new one cost me 4 years ago! :lol:

Now all I have to do is reconfigure all the buttons again having switched them to my X45 :(

Still, its not like I have much else to do at the moment. :D
Olegs stalker

AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:41 pm

Good for you man! I'm going to have to lower my rumble settings on MSFFB2 'cause it's making my whole desk shake. Mini-earthquake anyone? :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!