Installaton, Patches and extras

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:55 am

Okay, everything worked fine until I tried to log into the 4.071 session today. Before, I was able to enter other's 4.05 and 4.071 servers with two seperate instalations of the game but something must have happened in the interum.

I've tried to follow all the step-by-step stuff here and the UBI place but nothing seems to work. Either my stuff just doesn't fit with what is being explained or when it does it still doesn't solve the problem.

With 4.04-4.05-4.07 and 4.07-4.071 switchers and the no dvd hack installed, I was able to switch from .071 to .05 but I couldn't switch back. The batch file would explain that it couldn't find the right path ... or something.

So, I've started from the beginning. I've uninstalled all the previous iterations of IL-2 and stand ready with a fully installed 4.07. I have both switchers and the 4.071 ready to go but uninstalled. I think I lost the nodvd hack, but will look for that agian. I might be using the wrong hack.

No hurry on this, but could someone explain ... as clearly as possible ... step-by-step how to get the switchers and .071 installed.

Thanks,

Fal "dah Bears say dey gonna beat dem Saints ... ~sigh~" con
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:19 am

Replace the il2fb.exe in the il2_ver07 and il2_ver071 folders with the no dvd version.

4.04 and 4.05 use an rts.dll so they'll work OK.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:36 pm

Thanks for the help Sneaky. My link to the no dvd hack seems to be one of the things that got lost in the UBI forum ambush last week. Does anyone have another link to the nodvd thing?

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:15 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:Thanks for the help Sneaky. My link to the no dvd hack seems to be one of the things that got lost in the UBI forum ambush last week. Does anyone have another link to the nodvd thing?

F
It should be posted further back up this thread :idea:

page 1, post no 3

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:16 pm

Okay, I did everything just as you instructed in the earlier post and last post and everything worked great!

I switched from .071 to .07 to .05 to .07 ...

but when I tried to return to .071 the game would start with .07.

I'm stuck.

F

EDIT: I may have installed the .07-.071 switcer incorrectly ... I'll go check that now.

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:39 pm

Okay ...

this is weird.

Everything works except ...

the only way I can switch from .05 to .071 is to switch to .07 FIRST, start the game, exit and THEN go to .071. If I try to go from .05 DIRECTLY to .071 the game will not start.

???

Oh well, it works ... kinna.

I'm happy, let's just all move on to .071 now.

sheesh!

Fal "WTH?" con

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:42 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:
the only way I can switch from .05 to .071 is to switch to .07 FIRST, start the game, exit and THEN go to .071. If I try to go from .05 DIRECTLY to .071 the game will not start.

Fal "WTH?" con
Sounds like a file missing in the switch_4.701 folder -

open, compare and paste the missing one in.

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:49 pm

yesyesYES!

it was missin' those four files ...

il2_core.dll
il2_corep4.dll
mg_snd.dll
mg_snd_sse.dll

???

how'd that happen?

Oh well, nevermind, thanks again.

Gosh Snee, are all Londoners as smart as you are?

oh, wait ...

I already know the answer to that

nevermind.

;)

F

:FI:Dex
Postmaster

Re: Installaton, Patches and extras

Post by :FI:Dex » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Hallo People,

I need to get IL-2 back in to my life considering I just got a kick ass computer and should be able to finally play it in 'perfect mode'. (WAHOOO) So all I need to do is install 1946 and patch up to the latest version using Falcon's instructions, right?

Is there a sound mod to make the gun noises more accurate too? Once I get this sorted I'll be on TS for a few Sundays but well in time for the P11 Christmas dogfight.

Chat soon matesys, any advice is most welcome!

:FI:Dex
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi Dex, long time no see. Glad to hear you have a new machine.

Things have moved on a little since Falcon's post two years ago :lol:

A few months back Oleg released the final "patch" for IL2 - which is 4.09m. From the boxed version of 1946 (4.07m) you will therefore need both the 4.08 and 4.09 patches to get up to date with the standard game.

On top of that there are various mods out there, and at the moment we are using the HSFX 4.0 mod pack which is a pretty hefty download (nearly 2GB's I think). There are various threads about this on the boards. Most people keep a plain copy of 4.09 as their standard and then another installation which is modded - that way if the mods start to act up you can easily revert back to the standard version.

Hope this helps and hope to see you at the Xmas party :beer:
Olegs stalker

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 pm

anyone got a link to hsfx 4.11 install and the patch for it?
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:32 pm

"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:36 pm

the hotfix is gone

anyone got it?
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Sorry, Arm, I'm in Fenstanton and all my patches are in America. :D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:33 am

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4717898/41_hotfix_v3-8.exe
There you go. Auto-installer, just point it to your HSFX game folder. Make sure you disable everything in JSGME first.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."