Q&A about RO's --> Darkest Hour

Place to discuss modifications for all mudmoving games
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Q&A about RO's --> Darkest Hour

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:26 pm

Guy's,

this is what i found on the Darkest Hour forum.
Hello there I'm TWZCatinHat and also a supervisor thats updating the Darkest Hour page on FPSBanana. I'm going to ask some Q.'s and its up to the mod team to see how to answer the Q.'s. I'm writing this off of my head so don't mind if there is some spelling errors.
Here we go....

1) Well this mod have a beta before the finish mod is sent on its way?

2) If there is a beta how many maps will there be?

3) Is Darkest Hour set more around the normal foot soldier or more around armor?

4) Will there be some big tank maps your team plans to build?

5) There has been a question asked about fuel in the normal RO game. Will the tanks use fuel or RO doesn't let something like that to be made?

6) Will there be ammo tracks for the front line solders and tanks to have supplys?

7) Will there be armored cars like the SdKfz 8, SdKfz 234, greyhound and etc.

Will there be command tanks or armored cars that you can use to call arty from if RO lets you make something to that effect.

9) Will the new updates for RO be in the mod such as the panzer IV H and G?

10) If the panzer IV H is add can the skirts come off if hit?

11) How many maps do you plan to have with the mod when it comes out?

12) Is there away to have airborn maps where the spawn point for the allies is placed in the air?

Aeneas2020
Project Leader

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:10 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer your questions as head of PR for the mod:

1) Yes the game will be extensively Beta tested before release. We are currently in the closed Alpha stage. We will then moved to a closed Beta, before an open beta and a final release.

2) Our planned 1st release Beta will include between 3 and 5 maps. There is a possibility that Omaha Beach may reach some people as a pilot release before that time. As a further note each successive release of DH will include new content and new factions (e.g. british and canadians)

3) Darkesthour aims to bring you the entire land experience of Normandy we have both infantry maps and vehicle orientated maps however the majority of our maps are combined arms.

4) Hell Yes!!! many of our developers and testers are tank nuts. You only need to look at our media section to see a fraction of the tanks we'll be adding so don't worry large tank maps will feature.

5) Fuel systems isn't something the dev team have really talked about. To be honest while we want to enhance the excellent gameplay of RO the best we can we can't fufill everyone's wildest wish list.

6) The ammo system will be similar to the current RO version for now. In future we would possibly consider changing the system a driveable supply truck would be a nice feature.

7) Yes we plan to include a range of armoured cars although these will most likely come after we get the main content for our first release in.

8 ) Yes we hope to include command tanks with in vehicle arty i have personally viewed some code on this and it all looks very exciting.

9) Yes all new updates for RO are included in the mod...although clearly we will be using the new panzer IVs etc it is what TWI are doing to enhance graphics and gameplay that excite us most.

10) We have no plans at this time to make certain parts of vehicle meshes destroyable it may be possible on the engine but it would certainly be hard and would put a lot of strain on both server and player cpus.

11) The number of maps is very fluid at the moment. Currently we have several very near the final stages with maybe another 5 in development alongside them. We'll keep pumping out maps and new content so long as the players keep asking for it.

12) Yes and thats all i'm saying...watch this space for St Mere Eglise night, lets just say Medal of Honor Airborne isn't the only game out there with chutes .

NB: To answer your other questions keep the mod around 50-60% complete that is a conservative estimate however I'm not willing to make any firm declarations on a release date yet.

if I will find more I'll let you know.
here is their site again
Darkest Hour

Check out the
Trailer

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:42 pm

=P~

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:26 pm

:)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
The Unforseeable

Carpathian Crosses

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:34 pm

check out this guy's !!!

did anybody knew this ???

Look Here

and it's official
Check out

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:36 am

=P~
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:51 am

This update is avialable now?

Okay with closer examination I see it is not...but wow, this game just keeps getting better!

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:43 pm

Dutch, when available, do you know if these mods be an automatic download via Steam?

Z

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:22 pm

no...,

but i think it will be announced trough the steam interface because they spray it around there.

but we take close look at it so when its out.. then we shout...

Dutch..,
Last edited by :FI:Dutchman on Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:31 pm

:FI:Dutchman wrote:no...,

but i think it will be announced trough the steam interface because they spray it around there.

but we take close look at it so when its out.. then we shout...

Dutch..,
Quite loudly!