Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:39 am

Thanks Gen and nice screenshots m8 :D
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

05 Dec 04

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:35 am

Folks!

Are you already interested to get the latest two .ntrk movie files of yesterday´s session? Then spend some minutes in downloading the movie bundle of roundabout 27 MB - simply click here*!

Cheers, mates! :)

* not available
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

12 Dec 04

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:34 am

Folks!

Get the latest three .ntrk movie files (approx. 27 MB) of yesterday´s session here* and see them all crash and burn while trying to take off and respawn ... ;)

S! ^:)

* not available
Last edited by :FI:Genosse on Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:12 pm

I don't need to watch any stinking videos - I was finally part of the :FI: fun! :D

Been way too long mates since I enjoyed a Sunday session. Despite the smack talk, I was really sweating at times - a great thrill!

Love both DF maps. Luckily I had some experience with landing the Seafire. Here's what I do mates for anyone still struggling with this particular plane (please improve upon this guys).

--------------------

- I fly perpendicular in front of the aircraft carrier at 200 metres high, speed @200 km/h, dropping flaps (landing), gear, hook, and then opening canopy. I'll put on my landing lights if there is traffic.

- I turn and fly parallel to ship until it is in my far six. With the Seafire a 50% throttle should keep you at your present settings (I keep rads closed and 100% prop pitch).

- I then turn again throttling up as necessary to maintain settings, at @180-200 metres high I line up, and slightly point my nose down and/or reduce some power and drop.

- I'm at @100 metres high as I approach the ship, but still with a decent amount of speed - say 160 km/h.

- Once I'm almost over the ship, I'll cut throttle (still will be around 50-80 metres high at this point), and should gentle "coast" to the finish line. ;)

--------------------

I tried to learn that perfect way, coming in at stall speed and lower but I just kept kissing the back end of the carrier. :(

The trick of course is staying above 10 metres (20 metres for Japanese carriers) with some decent speed.

For those who can come in at stall speed and just inches from the carrier deck I salute you! I just want to land the bloody thing in one piece and collect my points. I landed in all three attempts (though damaged my plane in the last one).

By the way, I was so glad some other mates were still struggling with this new aspect of the game. I have destroyed my fair share of planes also. I guess misery does like company. :D

--------------------

Where's my new stats SnoopBaron? I actually got lucky and spanked a few mates yesterday. Enjoyed it all - the kill on Snoopy; killing Gen in his parachute (nice! :D ); watching fellow teammates trying to ram our carriers :shock: ; and that nice two-kill rocket vulching by Rab. :cry:

Hoping to fly with you Rogues again next week. After Christmas (and the next patch with some maps, planes and fixes) I hope to make some COOP missions and scripted DF maps. I'll also improve upon some of my Western and Eastern front missions. You guys know we are getting some new Eastern front maps, right?

Best regards,
Tact - "back from the dead" - S!
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:40 am

It was great having you with us on Sunday Tact :D I look forward to your new coops and DFs!! Don't worry the stats are there m8 just didn't run the upload program because I've been having problems connecting to my domain from my home network. I've sent another email to tech support and as soon as it is resolved you'll see your spanking new kills :D

My current approach to carrier landing is as follows:

Throttle to zero start doing S turns while diving to low alt add flaps until you have full landing flaps.

Line up with carrier deck and increase power up to 50% as needed to retain control fly in around 20-50meters. Tell everyone to get out of the way!!!, once lined up drop hook and gears.

Fly towards deck at 20 meters and be down to 160 as you near the end of the carrier. As you are about to go over the deck (once you are sure you won't slam into the but of the carrier) cut throttle nose down a little if you need to then pull back on the stick all the way to get her to stall and catch the cable.

Ok now this method is a lot more risky than the prim and proper way that Tact has described. But it works alright and it's pretty fun so you might want to give the sloopy landing approach a try :D

s!
Snoop
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:04 am

lol

Tac's ~way~ is in no way prim and proper

:lol:

but if it works for him

and all his numbers add up to coffee in the pilot's lounge

and he bothers to type it out so others may try it

and it helps them ...

then it's okay.

but the flight instructor in me shudders each time I read one of these "landing technique" posts.

Fal "works fer me" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:56 pm

But we're all in agreement that my way is at least better than crazy boy's split-S, upside down, sideways, somersault with a half twist thingy, he described. Right? :D
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:35 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:But we're all in agreement that my way is at least better then crazy boy's split-S, upside down, sideways, somersault with a half twist thingy, he described. Right? :D

:shock:

I gotta try that sometime.... Any spins, or triple lutzes involved?

Onto a carrier?
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:22 pm

Not hard really. Some of the boys were trying this method I think. It was just that landing part that left them in pieces. :badgrin: :D
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:18 pm

Check out the screenshot on the home page to see what kind of results my method can achieve :D

Goes to show all things are relative :lol: What is the prim and proper way Falcon :D
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:14 pm

fight it Snoop fight it!

don't let the mean ol'carrier snag ya!

Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:22 pm

:FI:Snoop Baron wrote: What is the prim and proper way Falcon :D
what?

tell y'all the prudent, systematic, professional, safe, repetitively reproducible method of landing on a carrier????

ya!

when y'all tell me how Rabit an' Gen, an' Ardy, an' Gurb an' six other guys an' YOU get on my tail every Sunday and fill it with enough lead to sink the flippin' Bismarck!

Fal "straight an'level" con

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:03 pm

Ironic isn't mates - the only guy who knows how to land on a carrier NEVER gets the chance!!!! :badgrin: :D

--------------------

Snoop - I can feel that landing - lucky she's a tough plane. :shock: Were you beaten by cables as a child mate? :D
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:10 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:Ironic isn't mates - the only guy who knows how to land on a carrier NEVER gets the chance!!!! :
GAH!

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:00 pm

:lol: I'm laughing so hard I can't breath! :D

What? Who said then not to bother trying? :shock: