Bessarabia - Development

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Bessarabia - Development

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:24 pm

The FI are holding a vote on if we take part in the new campaign. Vote so far is 80% no. That could change in the next couple of days of course as more pilots vote, but it looks unlikely we will take part.

There are several issues, but for sure the perceived unfairness has not helped.

Graf Zahl you may have to fly red on your own to provide some opposition for blue :lol:

You would be more than welcome to join the FI in whatever we decide to do next, I think your sense of humour would fit in very well with us :lol:
Olegs stalker

:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:15 am

Well, at this point the vote is looking more or less even, and it appears the 1.JaVA guys will be joining in whenever they can. However I do expect that a couple or more of the Blue team will have to be "turncoats" if you want the sides to be even numbers of human players.

Also, I'm pretty sure Neil and the others would completely agree with me that ALL of you would be more than welcome to join in and fly with us (or against us) any time in the future, even if many of us decide not to join in on this one. For my part, I'm planning to come join in, for a while at least. :)
Graf Zahl
Baby Boardie

Post by Graf Zahl » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Greetings Gentlemen!

I'm happy to read some centuries of royal sovereignty instilled a healthy love for nobility and my personal excellence!
:D :lol:

But I am much more happy some pilots realized that the motherland still needs dedicated pilots! The rest will probably re-think their point of view once the commissars get into action... :p

Last Sunday I returned just early enough to take a peek at the server via Banzai. What I saw was a handful of glorious Still Fighting Irish reinforced by some unbroken Men of the Netherlands. ^:)
What my over-tired mind did not allow me to check was the real numbers of involved pilots.

So what was it like? Were numbers at least close to each other or is the Motherland in grave danger?
Still I am ready to fly Red and - as far I a can read in our forum - some other Blue pilots are too, now.

The reason I joined the Moscow campaign and why I stayed in it longer than in every other campaign before was the fact that I always considered it to be fair - simple as that. At least as much as this is possible.

So as long as just a little pilot reinforcement is needed for Red, I think we can fix this.
Of course, if the number of pilots drops too low, this does not make much sense.

Also, what is your opinion about the heavily discussed planeset?
Fighters were more or less undisputed, but what about the concrete bird? I theorized a lot about its potential based on non-contested attack flights and tests. But how does this bird fare without its cassettes and PtABS in real combat? Who can share some experiences?

Whatever happens, I hope we will keep on flying together and against each other!

Cheers, beloved enemy! There's no real fight without an enemy - nothing beats some great guys as enemies! ;)

The Count