22nd April 2012

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

22nd April 2012

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Vin has a number off RoF coops missions ready for us this Sunday.
So with that in mind there are a number of things that YOU can do to help make this go a smoothly as possible before then. (This way we won't have anybody spitting out their pacifier during the session and ruining it for the lot of us)

(1)Try to have you graphics sorted before Sunday.
Your not looking for Uber settings but some area where the game runs well; yet still looks 100% better then IL-2 :) .
(Be careful here because what may work well on single player may not work that well on line as there will be a lot more going on. If you are in any doubt look in the RoF thread about Graphic settings OR get on TS and We will help you.

(2)Try to have you controls mapped and working. Don't try using fancy profiles and all that just stick to the basic stuff. So mainly it's binding keys to fuel mixture, radiator and cocking your guns, as well as a key to zoom you head view. Remember after you change something press save. Again kids if you are in any doubt get on TS and we will help you.

(3)Try to get on a bit early on Sunday or over the coming days if your still having issues with the basic set up.
Do not turn up on Sunday @ 2:30 asking "how do I start my engine" as we may not be in a position to give you all the help you need.

(4)If you have the game working for god sake do some quick missions before Sunday.
Not trying to get ye to be aces or anything like that, just to get ye to have a basic feel for the game. When I got the game I installed it played it for 1hr then uninstalled it for a year. So don't lose hart here guys, it's very off putting @ first but give it a fair shake and it's well worth it.

(5)I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think the missions Vin is making will be really basic to give us all a chance to get used to the game. Seen as it's a coop rather then a dog fight there will be a strong mission orientation, and not 3 of us flying about using the rest of ye a fodder. The Goal for those of us that have been playing the game for some time will be to help ye in any way we can.

On other thing if ye can those of you that don't have the Se-5, Camel or Dolphin please let us know. (No rush here guys, just trying to find out who needs what; they are not required for this Sunday)