Combat maneuvers

Got a problem? Need some advice? Ask Unkle Fenster, he'll put you straight ;)
Sparrow

Combat maneuvers

Post by Sparrow » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:44 pm

Is there a guide that gives a simple decription and examples of all the well known combat maneuvers?
I'm only here for the beer.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Re: Combat maneuvers

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi, theres a reasonable guide in the game itself - under Training you'll find a series of narrated tracks.

Of course these don't include "the Rabitski roll" or the "Gadje gazunder", but you'll find out about those soon enough :evil:

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:26 pm

... or the Sneaky Russian "Land at the other guy's airfield in your He-111 and strafe everyone who spawns" gambit.

:shock:

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:42 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:... or the Sneaky Russian "Land at the other guys airfield in your He-111 and strafe everyone who spawns" gambit.

:shock:
It was an A20 - so there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsdcoHNNV5c

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:20 pm

That was good, bad AND ugly Andrew!

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Walshy

Post by Walshy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:30 pm

I try to be "instinctive" as possible in combat empty mind ZEN stuff and all that, usually I fly well, sometimes not so well. But I always learn from the experience, thinking about what your going to do next can sometimes cloud the issue ........... Was a martial artist in my younger days, so a lot of mind training techniques have stayed with me. Funny what sometimes can bubble to the surface when your "in the zone."