Left 4 Dead 2

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Wildcat
Professional Boardie

Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Wildcat » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Okay, I managed to get a play on Left 4 Dead 2 two days before it is released. (My best mate has a great job and have to play games before they are released to review them).

It rocks. Melee weapons make an awesome difference. The axe and samurai sword are the best, crowbar not so great. You get to customise your guns with laser sights etc and there are more guns to pick from. From example, there are pump action shotguns, SPAS-12 shotties, automatic shotguns etc etc. Then the assault rifles.... now with an AK-47, SCAR etc. There is also a "magnum" pistol which looks too similar to a DEagle to be anything else...

Other weapons include "Boomer Bile" which you can throw on infected - even tanks etc. This is fun.... throw the bile on some zombies and watch the other zombies tear them apart.

Very good fun, much improved graphics. The new "special" infected can be problems. The "charger" charges into you and keep pushing you backwards before smashing you into a wall. The "spitter" spews acid vomit which you can't walk into and tries to pin you in. There is also the "jockey" which jumps on you and steers you towards the enemy.

The characters seem robust too. There is "Coach" a huge black guy with a good sense of humour. "Ellis" is the young baseball cap wearing teen / early 20s and seems a bit psychotic - "Lets kill 'em all". There is also a guy in a posh suit and a girl.... no names, my mate was playing teh guy in the suit who looks pretty slick.

5 Chapters (missions) to play through. Even "realistic" difficulty. More options on how to play and the zombies roam more, giving you more chance to sneak past them.

Very, very good - a big improvement on the first without losing the simplistic zombie mad kill fiest that we all loved!
Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.

That's not flying, that's just falling with style.

What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?

Death is just nature's way of telling you to watch your airspeed.

Hey, everybody — watch this!

I am not afraid of crashing, my secret is . . . just before we hit the ground, I jump as high as I can.