What is the platoon, and what should they do.

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

What is the platoon, and what should they do.

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:31 am

Dutchman's View on platoon rebirth 2011

I try to write down what i have in mind for the rebirth of the platoon.
This is my point of view i have not had a meeting with the other mudmovers yet after the FI conversation on sunday evening.
This will follow but i want to clear my mind when its still fresh. As i said in the meeting.

First a bit of history for those who not know where the platoon came from.

The platoon was founded based on an idea wich i had back in 2003/2004.
I was a member of the FIS and was also intrested in the game call of duty and thought i want a platoon with the same people from the FIS and do wat we do with the FIS but then on the ground
By foot and armoured cars and tanks, wich was a feature in call of duty.
I launced my plan at Genosse and we asked the boardmembers if they liked it, and they did.

We played call of duty for more than 2 years and i had also a FIP Scripted server running with call of duty and its addon united offensive and we kicked ass at that time
Then there was the long awaited call of duty 2 and this was a big dissapoinment because it was just the original game with better graphics but notthing from the addon wich we were used to, was included.
So there begun the first collapse, of the platoon and new games were launced and we tried some but we could not get the glorious days of COD back and more soldiers Were MIA.

Then in 2007 there was Battlefield 2 with a new concept and better graphics And we got the platoon
Back on the virtual battlefelds and later on with its addons and we had the most soldiers together online ever for a long period of time more than twice a week. And we kicked serious ass thoes days.
But then there came games like mordern warefare redorchestra arma modern warfare 2 and arma II but they al did not last long except for arma II wich is stil played by some of us. But there is no chemistry for this game either.

Then in Q1 of 2010 Battlefield bad company 2 came out and was picked up by the dutch members of the platoon and later on Genosse joined our ranks an we play this game BFBC2 every Tuesdayevening european time since it came out.
BFBC2 is the more worked out new version of Battlefield 2 with supurb graphics andthe same features as we had in Battlefield 2 but this game is not well known enough with the other FI members and is mixed up with games like world at war or modern warfare 2
And its not even like it.

Now 2011 i got my accident and i do recover well and i will come back stronger from it and i will give a rebirth to the FIGHTING IRISH PLATOON. As a team togeher in BF3. check out the other posts in the platoon section.

The concept for this army game is still the same:
Pick a side, work as a team And destroy the enemy/objective simple as that.
Or conquer land and keep it occupied ( attack/defend) verry addictive.
Just like in IL2 there is also blue's and red's and we fight eachother for points or fun.
But Against real people FI's or Foe's no bots !
Noting more noting less.

BFBC2 is a mordern world of 2011 with helicopters like hind, blackhawk, appache wich you can fly,
There is the abrahams tank and the t72's ,armoured cars and hummers, the bradley light tank or the russian opponent of that type.
The soldiers have 4 classes like medic, recon ,assault and engineer after a respawn you can switch between them., and in bf 3 engineer is support and the maps are big not as big in arma but big enough.

What i will suggest is this:
If you are intrested in this game type and if ya can imagine yourself in these nice outfits and awesome gameplay helping out your fellow FI-ians on the battlefields. In worlds that are destructable for 80%.
Then:
Check out the game on youtube or where ever,
IF ya want to give it a try then get Battlefield bad company 2 and play it with us as a
warmup to the forthcomming title Battlefiled 3 wich will be released on the 25th of october this year.

I was verry pleased to hear that last week FI Macca picked up his gear from the attic and is gonna hit da mud again, and FI Ardmore Also joined our ranks .
futher FI Deadhand was MIA since 2005 and he will be back asap and wil get a complete new hardware to give us the support we need so much.

i have seen Battlefield bad company 2 for less then 20 euro's for those who want to warm up for the 25th of october this year.

I allready preorderd BF3 because i need to be there from day 1 to lead the FIP on the Battlefields.

Thanks for reading.
i hope that it is clear now, where we came from and were we in my opinion have to go to with the FIP.
Be there as a group and have fun as a group just like we do with the FIS but then on the ground.
And with BF3 we get the option to run a dedicated server, just like the old days we can create our own server run by our own rules.

FI_Dutchman.

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: What is the platoon, and what should they do.

Post by :FI:Armitage » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:29 pm

I just installed BF2 Bad Company. Hoping to play later on.
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Wow great, thanks for the trust,
Go to add friends and select:
search and type in :FI:
Then a list with most of the FI soldiers will show up

There are also soldiers who use FI_

Like:
FI_Dutchman
FI_Bowlingbob
FI_Deadhand

You can select every induvidual soldier and sent an invitation to him.
When they approve the acceptation you will see them in your friends list and when they are online
The have an orange circle behind ther name.

Dutch.,,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Bowling Bob
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Bowling Bob » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:11 am

:FI:Armitage wrote:I just installed BF2 Bad Company. Hoping to play later on.
Welcome on the battlefields off BFBC2!!

cheers
Joep aka Bowling Bob