What is the platoon, and what would you do there, with who.

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

What is the platoon, and what would you do there, with who.

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:02 am

Dutchman's View on platoon rebirth 2011

I try to write down what i have in mind for the rebirth of the platoon.
This is my point of view i have not had a meeting with the other mudmovers yet after the FI conversation on sunday evening.
This will follow but i want to clear my mind when its still fresh. As i said in the meeting.

First a bit of history for those who not know where the platoon came from.

The platoon was founded based on an idea wich i had back in 2003/2004.
I was a member of the FIS and was also intrested in the game call of duty and thought i want a platoon with the same people from the FIS and do wat we do with the FIS but then on the ground
By foot and armoured cars and tanks, wich was a feature in call of duty.
I launced my plan at Genosse and we asked the boardmembers if they liked it, and they did.
Frank and i started to work on the website and we made a copy of the FIS section and we transferedred it into the FIP section with its own textures and it looked verry professional for that time and you could choose to go to the Fis or Fip section from the main page.

We played call of duty for more than 2 years and i had also a FIP Scripted server running with call of duty and its addon united offensive and we kicked ass at that time
Then there was the long awaited call of duty 2 and this was a big dissapoinment because it was just the original game with better graphics but notthing from the addon wich we were used to, was included.
So there begun the first collapse, of the platoon and new games were launced and we tried some but we could not get the glorious days of COD back and more soldiers Were MIA.

Then in 2007 there was Battlefield 2 with a new concept and better graphics And we got the platoon
Back on the virtual battlefelds and later on with its addons and we had the most soldiers together online ever for a long period of time more than twice a week. And we kicked serious ass thoes days.
But then there came games like mordern warefare redorchestra arma modern warfare 2 and arma II but they al did not last long except for arma II wich is stil played by some of us. But there is no chemistry for this game either.

Then in Q1 of 2010 Battlefield bad company 2 came out and was picked up by the dutch members of the platoon and later on Genosse joined our ranks an we play this game BFBC2 every Tuesdayevening european time since it came out.
BFBC2 is the more worked out new version of Battlefield 2 with supurb graphics andthe same features as we had in Battlefield 2 but this game is not well known enough with the other FI members and is mixed up with games like world at war or modern warfare 2
And its not even like it.

Now 2011 i got my accident and i do recover well and i will come back stronger from it and i will give a rebirth to the FIGHTING IRISH PLATOON. As a team togeher in BF3. check out the other posts in the platoon section.

The concept for this army game is still the same:
Pick a side, work as a team And destroy the enemy/objective simple as that.
Or conquer land and keep it occupied ( attack/defend) verry addictive.
Just like in IL2 there is also blue's and red's and we fight eachother for points or fun.
But Against real people FI's or Foe's no bots !
Noting more noting less.

BFBC2 is a mordern world of 2011 with helicopters like hind, blackhawk, appache wich you can fly,
There is the abrahams tank and the T90 ,armoured cars and hummers, the bradley light tank or the russian opponent of that type.
The soldiers have 4 classes like medic, recon ,assault and engineer after a respawn you can switch between them., and in bf 3 engineer is support and the maps are big not as big in arma but big enough.

What i will suggest is this:
If you are intrested in this game type and if ya can imagine yourself in these nice outfits and awesome gameplay helping out your fellow FI-ians on the battlefields. In worlds that are destructable for 80%.
Then:
Check out the game on youtube or where ever,
IF ya want to give it a try then get Battlefield bad company 2 and play it with us as a
warmup to the forthcomming title Battlefiled 3 wich will be released on the 25th of october this year.

I was verry pleased to hear that last week FI Macca picked up his gear from the attic and is gonna hit da mud again, and FI Ardmore Also joined our ranks .
futher FI Deadhand was MIA since 2005 and he will be back asap and wil get a complete new hardware to give us the support we need so much.

i have seen Battlefield bad company 2 for less then 20 euro's for those who want to warm up for the 25th of october this year.

I allready preorderd BF3 because i need to be there from day 1 to lead the FIP on the Battlefields.

Thanks for reading.

I hope that it is clear now, where we came from and were we in my opinion have to go to with the FIP.
I want to Be there as a group and have fun as a group just like we do with the FIS but then on the ground with BF3 thats my AIM...
And the big plus with BF3 is, that we get the option to run a dedicated server, just like the old days we can create our own server run by our own rules.

FI_Dutchman.

please comment !!!

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Re: What is the platoon, and what would you do there, with w

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:40 am

Conrad,

Really appreciate your post!

I re-installed ARMA (original) via Steam and give it a good try last night. Sorry, but the movement still is annoying as hell even after much time spent adjusting controls mapping and sensitivities. Concept is good though.

If BF2 and BC3 don't have the same movement issues I'd be glad to give it the college try. Now to see if there is a Demo or two out there... :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks Dan

Well i have some glitches with ArmA too once in a while and i have a more than a average pc and still some problems with running it, and i recognize what you experienced lasts night.
but there is an other thing i like to mention, its also a time consuming game, like we discussed last sunday about the realtime flying, and sitting in a bomber for an hour waiting to do the trick and got shot down and game over... Thats fustrating!!! And you f..ck it up for the other players still in the game, and that gives me a bad feeling

sometimes you have an hour or two To lock and load and and want to rock and step into a game and join your friends online without endless waiting..... but to rock inmediately.
Its just another way of playing i personaly can do that sometimes but not every time i see the game as a sidekick but not as THE game for the platoon anymore we tried that but it did not work out.

Games like bf2 back then and now with bfbc2 and the forthcomming BF3, you jump in the game hit your friends list and you are ready and play with your team right away against real other people or fellow FI-ians like we did in BF2 and that worked out for the FIP then, we tried it with ArmA and Arma II but there is no chemestry for somehow otherwise we should play that still with everybody.

I like the game ArmA but in my opinion you have to preared to play it and set your mind to it
You can't jump in and play it right away like the others series.
But folow the Topics on the progress

You were there with BF2 in da mists of time and you did rock too in the team so thats what it try to get back,

Thaks for your comment
Lets discuss the opotunities, Anyone else ???

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Dan for Arma turn off you TiR it will wreck your head, nice idea-great if your flying a jet or something but for running about its a pain in the ass.
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Conrad, great post and really needed, I am glad you posted it.

I've been missing the old days of the FIP in its finest hour - CoD/UO/RO/BF2.

As during last 3 years I've grown up and that sucks (less free time) I can't be there almos every evening like in the old days of the CoD... But I'm hoping to be back in the ranks and move some mud.

What I think is that ArmA 2 is absolutely fantastic , it is a very demanding game when it comes to realism and immersion, at the same time it is prone to suffering from it - but as Conrad mentioned there is no way of just hopping into the game and having a whirl just for an hour or a half, like we used to have with the other games. Ok, it is the same with Il-2, but from FPS very often we just want a quick relax and enjoyment.

One of best times I ever had playing FPS game was CoD/BF2 and RO. BF 2 especially, as it was easy to operate and at the same time it made it possible to teamwork and aid each other in the battlefield with either ammo, medical stuff or arty,etc. That is why I am looking forward to BF3. I'm just hoping it will run ok on my PC....

I'll be there today evening to give another chance to BF BC 2.

Catch thee there,

Mac
ImageImageImage
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Heloego » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:58 pm

Much fun was had taking off Conrad's head with a depleted uranium anti-tank round. :D
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Yes great Dan,
And i still have a scar from it,
But the question is do you want to do it again !!! :D ^:) :lol:

I proudly present that the FIP now got the folowing active soldiers In Battlefield Bad Company 2:

FI Ardmore
FI Armitage
FI Brainman
FI Bowingbob
FI Deadhand
FI DerHelmut
FI Dutchman
FI Genosse
FI Macca
FI Moog
FI Rules

Who is next ??

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:33 am

:lol: Sure I didn't get your fingers, too? :lol:

Seriously, anymore I play hell just trying to find the time to get back into the the slogging thing again.
So far turning off TIR in ARMA doesn't help (I never used it anyway, and I don't get to kill that annoying drill sargent.), and I too like to be able to just jump in and have fun for about an hour. Maybe two.
Maybe when a demo becomes available for BF2BC it will convince me otherwise, but for now the only way I could get into anything other than flying would be if alternate Fridays or Sundays were used, and even those are "iffy"...

How about a scheduled session each Sunday before the IL-2 session? I could swing that.

I've still a penchant for WW2 stuff, so maybe RO and the upcoming Stalingrad thingie will help. I'm looking forward to it. Still unclear, though, whether it's an add-on or whole new game.
Still enjoy COD4MW occasionally, too.
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Ro 2 hero's of Stalingrad n=its a new game Helo
http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:15 pm

I do undererstand Dan,

time is precious.

i will look if there is a demo.
On the other hand i heard from barra, and declan that the game this weekend Cost only 9,99 euro's
for BFBC2 together with the Battlefield Vietnam add-on and the specact add-on this is a give away from STEAM.

but check out YOUTUBE too you'll get a good impression.

here a demo tutorial

Dutch

ImageImageImage
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Arma 2 is now free. How about that?
Image ImageImage
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:05 am

Thanks for the info Conrad, Declan and Marco.

I checked out the Tanks Rolling Thunder video on youtube and DAMN does that look good!!!!!!!!!!! More impetus to secure a new video card, for sure!
Looked around, but couldn't find a demo anywhere, even at the EA website, and as usual when a really good deal comes along I have to pass for lack of funds.

I spoke with McBiggles today (went "retro" and used a historically accurate telephone) and we both are interested in the Battlefield series. I still have a copy of BF2 so I 'm going to install it and give it a go again. I still feel the graphics in COD4MW are better than BF2, but it appears that the COD series has gone the way of the Steam Locomotive. Too bad and Oh Well.

Once we finish the kitchen the cash flow will be a bit better, so we'll see what happens then. I still gotta raze and re-do the office bathroom, too, but I'm not in a rush there. Nothing leaks yet. :)
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Dan,
That's a good idea,but i tried bf2 and all the patches untill 1.5 but could not get it onthe run on windows 7 64 bit version so to beware you for a lot of work it might not work but i do not know how it runs on windows 7 32 bit or other versions.
Than you are right about the graphics of modernwarfare 1and 2 they were better but the gameplay is worse and the maps were smaller and these were the series that we all got fed up with because of the add on's or new versios every 6 months. So these titles are really gane with that train before youre steam locomotive. :D
Did you also check out the this tutorial demo here.
Its not a playable demo but a demo how to play a game type rush in BFBC2
demo tutorial

But It' not a bad idea to grab back in time and jump to bf2 if you get it running but the graphics look very pacman nowadays but you get the feel and the gameplay back an thats whait is cotinued in Battlefiled bad company 2 and will be in Battlefiled 3 but then with the 2011/2012 frostbyte and frostbyte 2 engine. Try to get a hung on bf 2 again. And maybe when bf3 comes along in october and you still like the concept and then you can always decide later on, to hop on to it.

Dutch.,,

ImageImageImage
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:00 am

Conrad,

I probably won't install BF2, if it's gonna be a lost cause anyway. Thanks for the tip.

Checked out the tutorial you recommended, and gotta say "not bad." :)

So dinero is the major concern for the mo'. Guess I'll dabble in Oblivion for the nonce. :)
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:34 pm

Dan
Don't worry we got time and always waiting or plan a SR for our brothers in arms who are temporary MiA.

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage