Coop 23rd Jan

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Coop 23rd Jan

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:20 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:Well ...

if we fly any missions designed by Pike then ...

anythin' can happen in the next half hour!

o/~bumdiddybumdidybumdiddybumdiddybum ...o/~

;)

F

Yes Troy Tempest - anything except a misson...................... :lol:

PS: Yes, I know only folks of a ... distinguished age will get the reference but ...
Olegs stalker

:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:54 pm

So why is it showing an error then if a mission using that map is tried to be joined?
Image ImageImage
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:39 pm

:FI:Airway wrote:So why is it showing an error then if a mission using that map is tried to be joined?
Sorry Marco, don't know.

Canon's Channel maps are included in HSFX so if you have a clean 4.09m install modded with HSFX it should work (thats how mine is set up).

To make sure you have the map try opening up FMB and load the map from the list. If it's there and will load from the FMB then it might help trace the issue.

What error message do you get at the moment?
Olegs stalker

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:50 pm

a .ini error message. The map is in the HSFX FMB which ist installed over a clean 4.09m and it worked earlier.
I haven't changed anything manually.

I tried the separat UP Mod I have, but when I switch it to HSFX, it crashes.

And the former clean 4.09m installation I had, I have already updated to 4.10m.

I'm afraid I won't make it today to reinstall the game from DVD, install 4.07m, 408m and 4.09m, download and install HSFX complete package with tests between each step. :(
Image ImageImage
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Marco,

I'm not uberly following what you're doing, but if you're having a crash starting the game in any situation, are you using either "Effects hi" or "Effects lo"? Pick one and attempt a restart.

Just something to try ...

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:37 am

Sorry I missed you all on Sunday, was intending on dropping by on TS but, got distracted by real life events. Freetrack working great, new clean install of IL2/HSFX 4.11 with 4.10m patch added to GSME mod folder. All is working well here, anything else special I may need mod wise other than what I had 10 months ago :?

If so send me a list if I need one.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:04 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:Marco,

I'm not uberly following what you're doing, but if you're having a crash starting the game in any situation, are you using either "Effects hi" or "Effects lo"? Pick one and attempt a restart.

Just something to try ...

Falcon
I tried that bothe and several ways to acutave mods and disabling, but it keeps crashing at 70%
Image ImageImage
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:20 pm

:FI:Airway wrote:... I tried that bothe and several ways to acutave mods and disabling, but it keeps crashing at 70%

I've read of some people having 70% CTD with Zuti active. Usually, 70% CTD is caused by problem with added objects and .ini edits.

What mods do you have enabled?

~~~

Desperate, wild shot: From the Comms Centre forum http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentr ... hp?t=21523 I found this:

1. I have to run JGSME with Anti-Virus off, and as administrator, otherwise I end up with a Crash-to-desktop at 70%

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.