RoF coops Wed 05/01/11

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

RoF coops Wed 05/01/11

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:35 pm

I posted in the RoF thread that I have three coops made if anyones interested, they are 6v6, with stock Aircraft and other Aircraft that I know folk have. Should start around the usual time.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: RoF coops Wed 05/01/11

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:39 pm

:FI:Ardmore wrote:I posted in the RoF thread that I have three coops made if anyones interested, they are 6v6, with stock Aircraft and other Aircraft that I know folk have. Should start around the usual time.

Vin
Depending of the amount of peeps showing up tonight being able to fly RoF with us you can count me in, Vin ... :)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Count me in, but goldfinger is on the tellly so :oops: #-o oh i pre ordered the Gotha ,dunno why , i still haven't really given the HP 400 a proper bash yet :D
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm

The number of people who show up that can fly RoF and those that are willing are two different things :D and they are not directly related to each other.
You could have 10 guys with RoF but only 2 who want to fly @ that given pt in time, or you could have 10 w/h RoF and 2 that do not. Add to that those that have a combination of both they have RoF and wish they could fly it but there system can't hack it or they can't get it installed and the math get trickey. So your best answer frank is to keep it simple Yes or No, after all we don't pay you to think :D

The following may help.

(Direct Variation)Y=Kx,Indirect Y=K/x or(jointly) Y=Kxz with K being the constant( Vin and Myself).
Or

Tmax=To/Ip=16T/3.362d
t=Tx/Ip;T=9540P/N
o=TL/IpG
Ip=3.362/32d(4)=3.362/32(do(4)-d1(4))
(it's some of the torsion formula for thin walled tubes but, it was the best I could come up with it's not correct I cant' work out how to type in exponents so I left them out :D )
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:11 pm

:FI:Rabitski wrote:The number of people who show up that can fly RoF and those that are willing are two different things :D and they are not directly related to each other.
You could have 10 guys with RoF but only 2 who want to fly @ that given pt in time, or you could have 10 w/h RoF and 2 that do not. Add to that those that have a combination of both they have RoF and wish they could fly it but there system can't hack it or they can't get it installed and the math get trickey. So your best answer frank is to keep it simple Yes or No, after all we don't pay you to think :D

The following may help.

(Direct Variation)Y=Kx,Indirect Y=K/x or(jointly) Y=Kxz with K being the constant( Vin and Myself).
Or

Tmax=To/Ip=16T/3.362d
t=Tx/Ip;T=9540P/N
o=TL/IpG
Ip=3.362/32d(4)=3.362/32(do(4)-d1(4))
(it's some of the torsion formula for thin walled tubes but, it was the best I could come up with it's not correct I cant' work out how to type in exponents so I left them out :D )
Nice formula, Greg! Will give that later a shot ... :D

Image Image
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:11 pm

You lost me at 'the following may help'.

Thanks to those who turned up, good turnout. Think I will make more missions, if anyone has ideas regarding missions, then go ahead and let me know what you would like (any requests stick them in the main RoF thread, please).

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:48 am

Yep, I think today was the best session by far, and it was nice to do some thing with the rest of the squad. If I may impart some of my impressions;
The quality of the flying was WAY better than I expected; a bit of work needs to be done on navigation and sticking together, but that will come with time. I liked the fact that we were flying against each other ie. human v human (and for some I use the human in the broadest sense of the meaning :D ) as the AI tend to cause a lot of lagg. Nice to that we weren't plagued by RoF exe's. Also I thought the aspect of there being more Allied in these missions lent a degree of realism to the missions and I would make that a feature of all the missions Vin. True it means less targets for the allies but it would also give people the time and the protection needed to become proficient in the game.

Final thought for the squad.

Although these planes lack the sophistication of IL-2 or Lock On for that matter, they are none the less difficult to master and this game is very challenging. I wouldn't lose hope if you flew the missions and got lost, cooked your engine or got shot down, give the game some time and you will get better @ it.
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Vin

I got the problem with the turret gun settings sorted out after we finished playing so next time if there is a slot free as a gunner I can always jump in :D . And Greg I take it I am one of the loosley termed humans :lol: :lol:

Kev
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Nah Kev, he lives north of you. ;)
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks all - I enjoyed the sessions.

Still getting used to the map in terms of navigation names/places/how things look map to landscape/map icons. (and also controlling the map as in zooming and scrolling - it just won't do what I want it to do!!).

Also I think I need to go and look at some of my control settings and get them mapped out properly.... to many times I'm pressing the IL2 default key rather than the ROF one!

I think Frank and I both got kicked out of the game once each, not sure why, as there does not seem to be any indicator, one moment you are there, the next you're gone.

If I get the chance I'll have a look at giving the mission builder a go, but at the moent getting the bathroom sorted is my main concern (those of you that have been here will understand why!!)

Thanks again, t'was a good evening.

G
I fear no beer

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:39 pm

well Frank left promptly after getting a kill, so you can draw your own conclusions from that folks :roll:
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:19 pm

:FI:Gurberly wrote:... I think Frank and I both got kicked out of the game once each, not sure why, as there does not seem to be any indicator, one moment you are there, the next you're gone. ...
I know it's been said many times, but just in case ...

you do have your network "traffic limit" settings in game (ROF settings) set to something over 1 Mb/sec? I use 4 Mb/sec and have never gotten kicked.

Fal "2¢" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:49 am

Well I'll up it to 4mb just for the hell of it ;)

This little village of mine can only get a 2mb line speed tops via ADSL.

Annoying really as Virgin/cable runs past the end of my road.

G
I fear no beer

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:18 pm

:FI:Rabitski wrote:well Frank left promptly after getting a kill, so you can draw your own conclusions from that folks :roll:
What does this mean now? After I crippled your engine, Greg, I formally landed my aircraft safe and sound near Verdun airbase and enjoyed my cup of Earl Grey tea like British Gentlemen use to do ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)

Image Image
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:39 pm

could someone post their config file for controls?