Hey Stu

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Hey Stu

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:53 pm

The kid's '67 Fairlane and my new '79 Wing.

This thing is water cooled, horizontally opposed, pretty much vibration free and I can actually SEE STUFF in the mirrors!! Kind of fun too. Just ran a half tank of gas through it blasting across town and back. I'm beginning to like it.

One of these days I may get this going.
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Hey Stu

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Whoa!

That 'oldwing outta be able to blow the doors off yer typical Harley fo sho!

It looks nice.

Yer boy's Ford looks sweet too. Have him drive it on down to Mississippi to "Cruis'n the Coast" next week. We went there yesterday and you never saw so many gorgeous cherries lined up since ...
sorry, not goin' there. Anywho ... beautiful weather too. Eileen won $4 on the slots.

!!!

She wants to buy her own bike now. It was only a matter of time. I figger I'll buy a 400 or sumpin', drop her an' the bike off in the Spillway and if she finds her way home then she can ride. Damn! Just when I almost had her convinced to get a EG Limited, sit in back and STF up!

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:52 pm

You want REAL road burning, smooth running, time travel?
Get one of these.

They're AWESOME!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Yeah, yeah, I've read all about the Rocket and one or two other Triumphs. They sound pretty darn good, but Willie ...
they're ...
British.

I mean ...

seriously!

>runs<

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm

May I interject at this point? thanks :) , first came the British bikes (Triumph, Norton and Vincent, to name but a few) then it was the early Italian stuff (a mistake in my view, they should stick to cars), and lets not forget the Japanese,fast, affordable, but had two strokes missing. The Harley is and always will be the dogs bollocks as far as I'm concerned, keep the pics coming Willie.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:03 am

First came BRITISH bikes like the BROUGH SUPERIOR!! First ever to do a "ton" reliably off the showroom floor!! BSA, Matchless, HRD and a herd of other magnificently complex and utterly beautiful machines.

Here's a Hardly-Ableson for ya Vin..
A 1947 "FL" (74ci) that I used to clatter around on (when I could keep it running :roll: )

LIGHT 'ER UP!! It was easy to kick with 6.5 to 1 compression.
Had an SU carb on it for a bit, but EVERY time it backfired, the damn carb would come loose from the intake and hang off the side of the bike by the cable and the fuel line like a dead chicken because it was attached with a piece of hose. It was embarassing. "Hang on, I have to put the *@#$#&%!! Carb back on!!" :oops:
An S&S Super B solved that problem. and created a new one as you had to wrap your leg out and around that long SOB. #-o Looked cool. Image is everythying. 8)

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:06 pm

No, nonono, no. After my extensive touring experience in and around London this summer, I have determined that British bikes are only good for young dispatchers with steel balls weaving in and out of city traffic at speeds that would turn Peter Fonda's pubes electric white. Yep, metric bikes are all smooth and efficient and fast and priced well, but ...
the more I learn about Harleys,

the more I can feel a certain ...

... special

[music]

... something ...

Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 am

A Hardly Ableson of MODERN mfr??

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:08 pm

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:07 am

Geez.
Love to see a transcript of that :lol: !
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:38 pm

the Japanese,fast, affordable
you are forgetting the most important thing about the jap bikes. Reliable (they always start) not like the english bikes.