World Cup South Africa 2010

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

World Cup South Africa 2010

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Folks!

I´ve opened this thread just to give you the space to discuss, talk, argue, whatever about the Soccer World Cup currently taking place in South Africa ...

Behave yourselves and be kind to each other!!! :!: ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac General

England - USA

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Even match concluding in a tie (1:1). Was a bit surprised about the American gamplay ... seemed to be a quite solid one. The English team had its moments but presented itself a bit unstable plus an unlucky action by the keeper Mr. Green ... a pity.

Already looking forward to their next matches ... :D

Image Image
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Worldcup South Africa 2010

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Shame the USA only managed a draw :-" . Its a strange thing, no matter what group I look in Scotland doesnt seem to be there, must be an oversight :( either that or we're shite :) .

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:52 pm

I think the USA could do well. They are actually a fairly good team. S Korea look good as well.

Some boring games over the next few days though.

No Ireland either. Robbed by the hand of Henry
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:17 pm

I was a bit narked with England(not because of the goal the bloody keeper gifted the yanks) as they didn't put the American defence under enough pressure and their corner taking was lacking its usual flair. The First half was apart from the two goals a bit lack luster but in the second half they started to show some form.

On the other side of the coin the Americans did have some very tidy players(most of which we have trained in the UK LOL ) and their front two played some good pass and manouver shots. They need to solidafy their centers a bit more but overall I was impressed.

There you go Frank was that fair enough LOL
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: World Cup South Africa 2010

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Spain for the cup, down with the surrender monkeys. :lol:
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:49 pm

While behaving and being nice to each other I will express my feelings about the England-USA game.

Sorry, can't do it.

>snicker<

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac General

Germany - Australia

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 am

Folks!

I´d like to apologize for yelling into the microphone whilst flying the session. Didn´t expect to get so exited about the German goals ...

I am sorry about this. Even I am really sorry about this. I'm afraid I am so desperately sorry about this. Can you imagine how sorry I am about this? Will I ever find the right word thats can describe how really sorry I am about this?

Image Image
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:39 pm

=D] :lol: #-o =D]

A wee bit o'context for those who are Python impaired ...

~~~

Ratcatcher: Aagh. Ooh! It's got a gun!
Mrs Concrete: Blimey.
Ratcatcher: Now, normally a sheep is a placid, timid creature, but you've got a killer.

Poster: 'Wanted For Armed Robbery - Basil' with a picture of a sheep. Exciting crime-type music. Mix through to newspaper headlines: 'Farmers Ambushed in Pen', 'Merino Ram in Wages Grab'. Eerie science fiction music; mix through to a laboratory. A scientist looking through microscope and his busty attractive assistant.

Professor: It's an entirely new strain of sheep, a killer sheep that can not only hold a rifle but is also a first-class shot.
Assistant: But where are they coming from, professor?
Professor: That I don't know. I just don't know. I really just don't know. I'm afraid I really just don't know. I'm afraid even I really just don't know. I have to tell you I'm afraid even I really just don't know. I'm afraid I have to tell you... (she hands him a glass of water which she had been busy getting as soon as he started into this speech) ... thank you ... (resuming normal breezy voice) ... I don't know. Our only clue is this portion of wolf's clothing which the killer sheep ...

Cut to Viking.

Viking ... was wearing...

Cut back to sketch.

Professor ... in yesterday's raid on Selfridges.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Post Maniac General

Netherlands - Denmark

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Now this was some kind of disappointment to me: a tie to the end of the first half, a lucky goal for the Dutch team done by by a Danish player ... and finally after a nice combination a real Dutch goal! It took a while before the Dutch team was able to show what kind of soccer there´re able to play ...

Netherlands 2:0 Denmark ... lucky Dutchies, I´ve to say. IMHO a draw would had been a better result ... :-#

Hoep, Holland. Hoep! Je kunt helemaal meer ... ;)

Image Image
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Germany - Australia

Post by :FI:Airway » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 pm

:FI:Genosse wrote:Folks!

I´d like to apologize for yelling into the microphone whilst flying the session. Didn´t expect to get so exited about the German goals ...

I am sorry about this. Even I am really sorry about this. I'm afraid I am so desperately sorry about this. Can you imagine how sorry I am about this? Will I ever find the right word thats can describe how really sorry I am about this?
Is there Mr. Tony Hayward speaking? :shock:
Image ImageImage
Post Maniac General

Germany - Serbia

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Well, ... what a pity this match was for the German team!

The referee was quite generous: he spent nine yellow cards and a red one (to the German forwarder Klose) and the Serbs scored a wonderful played goal afterwards. Although the German team tried to turn the match to their favour (and even failed to finish a penalty) it turned out to be useless: Serbia beat Germany justified 1:0!

Well done, Serbia! :D ^:)

Image Image
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Ak!

What's the score for the USA/Slovenia game!?

I heard it was 0/2

then 2/2 ...

coverage is SO spotty here!

gah!

Post Maniac General

Slovenia - USA

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:24 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:Ak!

What's the score for the USA/Slovenia game!?

I heard it was 0/2

then 2/2 ...

coverage is SO spotty here!

gah!
That was a great match! No kidding ... :!:

Nicely shot goals by the Slovenes until the end of the first half. After the break the leading European team tried to play mostly safe yet the US boys had some great moves to offer and turned the upcoming defeat into a fair draw.

Good show, US team! The more I watch them playing the more I like them ...

\:D/ =D]

Image Image
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:49 pm

The Slovenians were a way better team! :D