The Pacific

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

The Pacific

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Just in case you don't know, HBO (US) will be airing a similar mini-series as Band of Brothers but set in the Pacific. Same executive producers I believe. Brothers, I thought, was very well done. Actually just finished watching them on Blu-ray with my son. Pacific should be very interesting. I believe the series will also follow the guys when the return back home. Not sure when the series will be available internationally. I will probably grab it on blu-ray when it is released.

TS!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Re: The Pacific

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 am

Sounds good!
I immediately bought the Brothers complete set as soon as it was available, and still watch it periodically to re-align my perspectives. I'll keep watch for the Pacific version!
Thanks for the heads-up! :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:ACE444
Beginner

Post by :FI:ACE444 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:59 pm

The Pacific first showing was very realistic, but i was disappointed that it went so fast into combat without detailing the characters as in Band of Brothers,well see how it goes .
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:24 pm

ACE444 wrote:The Pacific first showing was very realistic, but i was disappointed that it went so fast into combat without detailing the characters as in Band of Brothers,well see how it goes .
Haven't seen it yet up here in Canada. My only comment is that I believe they intend to "detail" the characters more so when the men return home.

So, generally speaking, is it comparable in quality to Band of Brothers mate?
:FI:ACE444
Beginner

Post by :FI:ACE444 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:04 am

FI Tacticals
yes the pacific is of good quality, maybe more so than band of brothers,i ordered hbo just to view and record.
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:54 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:
Haven't seen it yet up here in Canada. My only comment is that I believe they intend to "detail" the characters more so when the men return home.

So, generally speaking, is it comparable in quality to Band of Brothers mate?
Seen lots of advertisements for this series but only on HBO, I don't get HBO with Ma Bell package.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:21 pm

I suspect HBO Canada will have the series, albeit maybe not until it completely airs on its parent station. I intend to purchase it on Blu-ray.

TS!