This Works For Me!

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Re: This Works For Me!

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Stu, like Douglas MacArthur, "I Shall Return." Historic Encounters remains my most treasured leisure pursuit. My absence is no reflection of my enjoyment of the session and the laughs with the lads.

I waited as long as I could before purchasing a new PC. With high school kids we needed a new family computer. I would have preferred BOB being released and buying my next gaming rig. Now the plan, though it’s a guarded secret from Mrs. TacticalS!, is for my son and I to purchase a dedicated gaming rig (probably an Alienware) when Oleg finally releases the beast.

I haven’t dismissed RoF mate. In fact, if H.E. was flying it I would have picked it up for a change of pace. Looks great. While WWI doesn’t really interest me, they seem to be developing the title nicely. Perhaps a few more patches will sell me on it.

Mass Effect, eh? Yes, my son played them too. Just never would have thought you played that game. Did you play Borderland too? He plays pretty much everything that is released. :roll: I haven't really been gaming much last year. With the new machine I am enjoying a bit more, hence my renewed interest in flying.

---

I just picked up Empire several weeks ago Wolfhound. It came bundled with Medieval II and the Kingdoms expansion. My MTWII disc was damaged when I did some basement renovations this fall/winter. For forty bucks it seemed like a great deal. Really enjoying the game. I know many last year didn’t due to the bugs. While there may still be issues I personally enjoy it. My favorite remains Rome: Total War (never played previous titles). I intend to pick up Napoleon in the future. But first I need to get back into flying or my return to Active Duty will be even longer, because that game looks really nice too! Please share your review of the game when you get it mate.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:08 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:... Mass Effect, eh? Yes, my son played them too. Just never would have thought you played that game. Did you play Borderland too? ...
No, not Borderlands, but whatever you do, DON'T pick up Fallout 3 cuz that might delay you another month or three from joining us in the air.

RoF on Friday nights? I don't think the special-type folks in HE could hand ... erm enjoy it as much as norma ... uhhh ...

hey, how 'bout them Saints!?!

~~~

Careful with Alienware, I'm feeling some weak, but definitely negative waves from that direction. Let us help you build one. We can take the savings and buy lotsa beer and tacos!

Fal "woof-woof" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:13 am

|Yeah i agree Rome total war is my favorite as well
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Rambo
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Rambo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:12 am

I have Empire and Medieval II but I also think Rome Total war is my favorite.
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Empire total war ? real time war sim?
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:51 pm

"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:00 pm

Just re-installed RTW Gold yesterday - and still had my pre-crash campaigns recorded.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:44 am

Tac, to answer your question on page 1, I think you're looking at the wrong version of seesaw. The one I'm using is compatible with quad core CPUs and Vista. I'm using an Intel Quad Q6600 and Vista Home Premium.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks Murph. I will check out the website again.

TS!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:53 am

Empire total war is excellent, i have napolean total war ordered :lol:
Would that be the short version? ;)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:30 pm

helo i think its the next progression,i belive they are working on the civil war in the states next. :idea:

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:45 pm

:FI:Wolfhound wrote:... they are working on the civil war in the states next ...

I believe you mean the War of Northern Aggression, suh?

Cuhnel Falcon

PS: Murph! Stop changing the subject! I mean ... gah!

;)

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:10 am

Would that be the short version? ;)
Correction:

Would that be the "short" version? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x