hello im new

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
benhorrill
Beginner

hello im new

Post by benhorrill » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:51 am

hey guys im new so be nice may need help

with il 2
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: hello im new

Post by :FI:Scott » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:44 am

Hello Ben,

Welcome to the forums !. You will find lots of advice here to set up your game and join Squad flying. We have been running the game patched up to official 4.09 and some mods. Most recently we have been moving towards the latest HSFX mod package. We fly full real (closed cockpits, complex engine management, no icons etc) so if you are an open cockpit flyer get some practice in with these settings.

To get started you will need the '46 version of the game- load it up and then patch to 4.08 (here- http://www.filefront.com/6690212/IL-2-S ... 08m-Patch/) and 4.09 (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10276)

Then get Teamspeak2 Client edition- http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads. Somebody competant will have to let you have the server address and password.

Then HSFX. =FI= Falcon summarised getting that so even I could understand it and I have robbed his explination-

Well, I'm half way there. I don't have time to finish this up now, but just in case folks are a wee bit lost on how to start, here's what I've done so far.

Bittorrent is easy to install and a LOT faster than normal dl'g. The instructions in the HSFX thing say to use UTorrent, but any torrent works I hear. Go here, click on "Get BitTorrent" and download the program. It's small and takes a few brief seconds. Click and follow the easy instructions. Instalation was uber easy for me.

Then, go here and scroll down to this:

"2. Then access either of these torrents.

http://161.53.204.25/TEST/HSFX4.torrent

or

http://85.14.216.230/ScorchedEarth/MP4/HSFX4.torrent"

I clicked on the first link and poof! downloading commenced, not one chunk at a time, not at 50 k/sec, but all at once and at 750+ k/sec.

It defaults into your personal download folder in your C: drive.

~~~

That's all the farther I've gotten. Gotta go cut lunch and feed the lawn an' stuff. Cut and paste a copy of your clean 4.09m, name it something HSFX-y and slap this HSFX mutha into it and voila.

I think that's it.

You can find some FI pilots kicking around on Hyperlobby so you might want to get that- http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name ... erby=dateA

We fly most Wednesdays and Sundays at about 7.30 GMT and the US contingent fly on Fridays at some unholy hour of the am UK time.

You should find yourself quickly at ease round here, we have pilots from the very good to the ...er...well.... and everything in the middle, and we have some very good mission makers who kindly keep us occupied. First and foremost have fun.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Welcome to the forum Benhorrill!

I see :FI:Scott has pointed you in the right direction, any questions you may have feel free to ask, it is a good chance we can answer them for you.
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Welcome to the forum's =D]
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:01 pm

howdie a chara
welcome
:FI:Rambo
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Rambo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:31 pm

hi m8,

Welcome to the forums!
benhorrill
Beginner

Post by benhorrill » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:03 am

hey guys thanks for the support but i do have a problem.when installing the 4.09 patch.ok on the 4.08 patch the game runs fine .but when i install the 4.09 patch.and try to join a server it wont start up il2 :@ any idea's????

i think ive put the patch in the right place in my computer c: .............program files .........il 2 1946

right????
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:22 am

benhorrill wrote:hey guys thanks for the support but i do have a problem.when installing the 4.09 patch.ok on the 4.08 patch the game runs fine .but when i install the 4.09 patch.and try to join a server it wont start up il2 :@ any idea's????

i think ive put the patch in the right place in my computer c: .............program files .........il 2 1946

right????
I don't think many servers on Hyperlobby have moved to 4.09 yet. Most are still using 4.08m or 4.09b1m (The Beta 4.09m patch, been out for a couple of years). And then there are other servers that support mods. Confused yet? Well stay tuned, and keep asking questions.

It's normally quite a debate here at the FI on what if any mods we are going to use, end result is some members have more than one copy of IL2 installed on their computers, (I have 2 versions installed myself).
benhorrill
Beginner

Post by benhorrill » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:35 am

oh lol cos i was downloading the beta version and the offical version at the same time but cancelled the beta version because somebody said i didnt need it lol so is it the beta version that aw 2 uses?
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:45 am

Welcome Ben!

Yeah, keep a clean copy of 4.08 handy, then get a clean copy of 4.09 (aka 4.09m) and then get another copy of 4.09 ready for IL-2_HSFX.

Since you told me that HD space is not an issue, have these three copies available.

So, 4.09 is working properly off line?

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Hi there, mate, welcome to the jungle;)
ImageImageImage
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:39 am

Howdy, Benhhorill!
And welcome to the forums.

Listen to these guys. Some of us actually know what we're talking about! :D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x