My next stick

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

My next stick

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:13 pm

Had not heard anything about this

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php? ... =0&thold=0

A new HOTAS complete with rudder pedals, and FF. When my MS FFB2 finally curls up it's toes this will definitely be on my shopping list.

Only snag is the price - rumoured to be $300. I'll have to sell one of the kids! I like Logictech stuff - been using their mice and trackballs for years, but $300 is a bit steep. :?
Olegs stalker

:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: My next stick

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:23 pm

savage!!!!!!!!!!
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:59 pm

I JUST read about this in PCGamer yesterday. Yeah, savage is the word.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:15 pm

When I saw the thread title I expected to see a picture of a snazzy extendable walking stick Neil, or maybe one of those Zimmerframes with wheels on the front.

There is a good article at SimHQ on this. The only problem I would have is that you have to buy the whole kit. I've a perfectly good set of Saitek pedals that I don't want to ditch unless I have to....
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Neil, why were you on the lock on site? :D . If you look @ that thread Neil right down the bottom there is a photo of some dude's set up ( guy must be single ) anyways the rig he has in the photo are all CH Products. Round about the same price and as solid as a rock, I've been useing mine for 6yrs straight and given the amount I used to fly I fairly knocked the stuffing out of it and I never had any problems. CH make controls for the Army and Airforce as well as various industries, so there rugged and long lasting, can the same be said for the other company? having never used one I can say.
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:37 pm

Must have stumbled across the Lock on site by mistake :oops: (actually I did fly it a bit and still have Lock On Gold somewhere, but not installed on my current machine.

I have looked at CH in the past but was put off by the lack of force feedback - love the MS stick for that reason. If the build quality on the Logictech product is good - and it should be for $300 - and it has FF, then that scores over CH for me. If you take force feedback out of the equation then agreed, CH is the best stick around. I did see an upgraded CH stick a while back which some guy was selling with aviation quality actuators etc - but the price............. :lol:
Olegs stalker

AnaKonda
Beginner

Post by AnaKonda » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:59 am

Well... poor man cant afford cheap.
Still flying with my usb fighterstick -throttle pedals combo. Still going strong after 6+ years of very active use (2 micro$hiteFFB2's gave up 2 ghost after 6 months, X45 in 5...)

Bit expensive setup for start, but still accurate, everything works expect toe brakes where one wire would need soldering,
with micro stick in mouse emulation mode, no need for neck stiffener(akaTIR and its for n00bs anyway).
Luck is the most important factor, skill just helps luck to work better
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:45 am

My X-52 Pro rig is still working great...after 3 years. Only issue I've ever had is the cheap connectors between the stick and throttle. A little Stabilant 22 took care of that! :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Im another happy X52 Pro user + Saitek pedals, the only gripe i have had is the weak centering on the stick. The Saitek pedals are far better than the CH ones they replaced that gave up the ghost after 2 years- far more comfortable to use and adjustable for tension and foot size.

Im not going to leap in for this, rather see how they get reviewed over the next year. I've heard too many horror stories about Logitech stuff in the past. Anyway, it looks like Saitek may be about to spring another option on us anyway-

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/t ... ost2857500

That might tempt me
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.