New Nvidia drivers out

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

New Nvidia drivers out

Post by :FI:Scott » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:13 am

The 190.38 driver is out.

I've ran it since Thursday and IL2 is running better, also there is a Nvidia profile for Arma2 in it. Never liked the 180 series, the 182's caused me real problems and the 185's were only half a fix. So far this is looking promising.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: New Nvidia drivers out

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Scott,

Slightly off point, but is there a good, free driver cleaner out there? Is it imperative to clean things out before updating? I don't do the driver update dance. Every time I've tried I've really screwed up my machine. The drivers of everything in my box are from 2005 and everything works well ... usually.

Stu

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:20 pm

I use Driver cleaner pro.

My update routine is to remove the Nvidia drivers via control panel, re-start in safe mode (without the network cable connected to stop any auto-update nonsense) and run the driver cleaner. Re-start again normally and run the driver installation package. This routine was recommended on the Nvidia forums, I spent a lot of time over there after I'd had a corrupted driver istall.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:08 pm

Pheew, what the heck did they do?

It's getting more and more bloatware. Not that they install PhysX drivers with it, no now they also install stereoscope driver too, that I don't even own hardware for.

Anyway, seems to work with all software I have install, like Il-2 and Blackshark, Mckysoft Flightsim also and so on.
Image ImageImage