Remedial Monty Python

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Remedial Monty Python

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:48 am

It has come to my attention that some of you poor saps are seriously deficient in your terribly important Monty Python skills. This thread will attempt to rectify that.

Lesson One: The Police Station Sketch.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Remedial Monty Python

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Okay, so I'm giving my grand daughter some reading lessons. It's along in the lesson and she seems to be getting interested in anything but school, so I think, 'music, yeah, that's the ticket', so I find "Old MacDonald". She loves to sing with me so I'm surprised that the first rendition I find on the computer of the song doesn't turn her on, so I try another version. No dice. I even try a version by Phil flippin' Collins. Nothing. She's wiggling out of my lap now, trying to chase a bit of lint that is floating past, so I try one more version that I find waaaaaaay down on the You-Tube list.

this

She forgets about the lint and we hop around and sing for a good long time.

Gah!

Next week, I show her some Python. I think she's ready.

S

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:57 am

...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:01 am

:FI:Falcon wrote:It has come to my attention that some of you poor saps are seriously deficient in your terribly important Monty Python skills. This thread will attempt to rectify that.

[/url].
What about the drill than?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol5Dfs7jqFI
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:53 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:Okay, so I'm giving my grand daughter some reading lessons. It's along in the lesson and she seems to be getting interested in anything but school, so I think, 'music, yeah, that's the ticket', so I find "Old MacDonald". She loves to sing with me so I'm surprised that the first rendition I find on the computer of the song doesn't turn her on, so I try another version. No dice. I even try a version by Phil flippin' Collins. Nothing. She's wiggling out of my lap now, trying to chase a bit of lint that is floating past, so I try one more version that I find waaaaaaay down on the You-Tube list.

this

She forgets about the lint and we hop around and sing for a good long time.

Gah!

Next week, I show her some Python. I think she's ready.

S
heres a classic fairy tale
This was originally shown on BBC TV back in the 70's. Ronnie Barker could say all this without a snigger, though God knows after how many takes.

The irony is, BBC received not one complaint.
The speed of delivery must have been too much for the whining herds. Try getting through it without converting the spoonerisms [and not wetting your pants] as you read.......

This is the story of Rindercella and her sugly isters.

Rindercella and her sugly isters lived in a marge lansion. Rindercella worked very hard frubbing sloors, emptying poss pits, and shivelling shot.
At the end of the day, she was knucking fackered. The sugly isters were right bugly astards. One was called Mary Hinge, and the other was called Betty Swallocks; they were really forrible huckers;they had fetty sweet and fatty swannies.
The sugly isters had tickets to go to the ball, but the cotton runts would not let Rindercella go.
Suddenly there was a bucking fang, and her gairy fodmother appeared.. Her name was Shairy Hithole and she was a light rucking fesbian. She turned a pumpkin and six mite wice into a hucking cuge farriage with six dandy ronkeys who had buge hollocks and digbicks.. The gairy fodmother told Rindercella to be back by dimnlight otherwise, there would be a cucking falamity.
At the ball, Rindercella was dancing with the prandsome hince when suddenly the clock struck twelve. "Mist all chucking frighty!!!" said Rindercella, and she ran out tripping barse over ollocks,so dropping her slass glipper.
The very next day, the prandsome hince knocked on Rindercella's door and the sugly isters let him in.. Suddenly, Betty Swallocks lifted her leg and letoff a fig bart. "Who's fust jarted?" asked the prandsome hince.
"Blame that fugly ucker over there!!" said Mary Hinge.
When the stinking brown cloud had lifted, he tried the slass glipper on both the sugly isters without success and their feet stucking funk.
Betty Swallocks was ducking fisgusted and gave the prandsome hince a knack in the kickers. This was not difficult as he had bucking fuge halls and a hig bard on. He tried the slass glipper on Rindercella and it fitted pucking ferfectly.
Rindercella and the prandsome hince were married. The pransome hince lived his life in lucking fuxury, and Rindercella lived hers with a follen swanny!

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I remember seeing that years and years ago. Thanks for the post. The memory was ... almost ... completely ... faded away.

F

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:10 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Bowling Bob
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Bowling Bob » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:42 pm

ROFLMAOWPIMP

good one!

cheers,
Joep