Can't Connect to IL2 Servers...

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Can't Connect to IL2 Servers...

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Tue May 05, 2009 12:45 am

FIXED! FIXED!

edit: I uninstalled COMODO Firewall and reinstalled it and presto, found my problem. Apparently right click the COMODO Shield Icon in the lower right and choosing Exit doesn't actually shut the firewall off. Once I uninstalled it, I could reconnect to IL2 servers.

Ok, new computer, IL2 looks incredible, got all the eye candy turned up to bust and still seeing 50fps.

Problem…. Can’t connect to any IL2 servers.
Now everything that involves Internet works. I can connect to TS, HL, get email, etc.

I couldn’t connect to the Host Server last Sunday as I was getting Time out Errors. And that’s goes for Hyperlobby too, I cannot connect to any Servers, I keep getting the same time out error.

Things I’ve tried.

-Disable all Firewalls (COMODO, Windows XP Firewall);
-Disable any/all Anti-Virus Software;
-Lowered Sound Card Hardware, tried all the different levels;
-Set IL2 to run on each of the 4 CPUs, tried each one;
-I’ve read about using beta sound.dll files, but I was able to connect two weeks ago with out issues, so I’m reluctant to use these; and
-I’ve uninstalled IL2/HL/TS and reinstalled all, with the Unified Installer and still can’t connect to any IL2 Servers.
-Checked to make sure proper ports were enabled/opened, in the Firewall.

Help

Sacktime
“I’m temporary grounded m8s”
:FI:Moe
Postmaster

Re: Can't Connect to IL2 Servers...

Post by :FI:Moe » Tue May 05, 2009 9:56 am

Sack,

Glad to see you got it sorted but if you decide you want to re-install Comodo - if you right-click the shield icon in the tray and then go to Firewall Security Level and click Disabled and do the same thing for Defense+ you can disable your defences temporarily without uninstalling the whole kit 'n' kaboodle. Then you can write a rule for HL and IL2 so you can connect through the firewall. Never done it myself but you could make HLPro.exe, aping.exe and IL2fb.exe trusted apps in Comodo. I've given up on software firewalls, too much tweaking needed to really get the benefit from them.

Moe
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Re: Can't Connect to IL2 Servers...

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Wed May 06, 2009 12:04 am

Thanks MOE!

Your right though, software firewalls can be a pain to set up.