This cant be good

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Conman
Postmaster
Location: Brockford, Suffolk, England, U.K., Europe, Earth, mil

This cant be good

Post by :FI:Conman » Fri May 01, 2009 5:14 pm

tried to play the game today (well finish a mission) and the game loads fine im in 4.09b1 so i go to the FMB and theres no options in the menus ive got exit wich does nothing delete all (fat lot of good that is) and the full menu in the last but in the opjects menu there is nothing its empty so i restart still the same and change to 4.08 but still is the same (if it helps all mission descriptions are english again) any chance of some help? :oops:
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Re: This cant be good

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Fri May 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Conman

Sometimes it takes FMB a little time to load up. Have you installed any additional mods/planes since you've last tried FMB?

If so try and uninstall those mods/planes (normally finding them in the MODS folder and rename the folder of the suspected mod with a "-" infront of the folder will disable the mod)

Try (but not always recommended) a restore, back a day or two, if this dosen't work you can undo the restore, at the moment I can't remember how.

Or the worst, back up your missions, skins folders (Always keep a back up of these, well the skin folder anyways) and do a reinstall of IL2 1946. This would be my last option once I've exhausted all other attempts.

*Are you using the FMB mod that comes with UI 1.1? You will find it in you MODs folder, by default it is named "-FMB" if it is missing the "-" infront of it, then it has been enabled, try replacing the "-" to disable it.

Other than that, good luck, hope you can get it working.
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Conman » Fri May 01, 2009 6:11 pm

ok restore failed anything else i can do? :?
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Sat May 02, 2009 9:54 am

I haven't heard one like this before.

All I can suggest is that you post on the AAA tecnical help section and see if anyone over there has had a similar problem

Good luck !
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

Postmaster

Post by :FI:Conman » Sat May 02, 2009 7:01 pm

ok good news i tried an earlier restore it turns out that somthin happened to my pc on a day it was off all day! well its ok now :D
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Sat May 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Excellent!