Skins for the Pacific

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Conman
Postmaster
Location: Brockford, Suffolk, England, U.K., Europe, Earth, mil

Skins for the Pacific

Post by :FI:Conman » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:09 pm

just to ask will we be dressing our planes in green for the campaign or are we using defult?
conman
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Skins for the Pacific

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:52 am

Thats up to you, me I like the historic skins, but of all the issues we will be facing, I'd have to say how your dressed should come towards the bottom of the list
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Skins for the Pacific

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:09 am

Well, we skinners put a LOT of time into squadron skins and historic skins with custom member numbers, graphics and names so priorities are subjective, but you can take 'em or leave 'em. There are few rules about what skin you wear to the party. Some inter-squad activities in HyperLobby, etc. require at least proper markings. Here, during co-ops and df's some folk like to see which number is painted on your side to better tell who's who. In Nellip's BoB campaign, he spent so much time getting the history right that we were compelled to get the skins right.

I s'pose that if a mission/campaign designer were to request proper or special skins, that request would be honored to a degree.

So, dress is casual. Me, I like to be dressed to kill ... but it usually turns out, dressed to be killed.

>sigh<

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.