120mm LED case fan opines?

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

120mm LED case fan opines?

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:22 pm

McMates,

So I decided to stop sweating which motherboard, graphics card, hard drive and CD/DVD drive to get and focus on the easy stuff ...

LED fans.

Gah!

So many flippin' choices!

Does anyone have any experience with the different brands? I'm looking for 120mm blue LED's. I'll be connecting some of them to a fan controller. There will be six or seven hangin' from my box when it's all done.

I s'pose my current top pick is the Antec TriCool , but there's also the AC Ryan, Thunderblade, Zalman ZM3, SilenX, acousti, Vantec Stealth, Coolermaster, Nexus, Papst 4412 F2 G/LL, Panaflo 120mm, Silverstone, SilenX LED, Yateloon D12SL-12, TT Big Typhoon, Pure Quiet, Sharkoon ...

](*,)

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Re: 120mm LED case fan opines?

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:57 pm

The blue ones are nice.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:13 pm

You cant go wrong with the Zalman's Stu ;)

I have a couple of them and they have worked solid for years with no probs or annoying noises.
:D

Wardog ^:) :beer:
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:39 pm

Stu

Have nice blue fan LED's in my Antec 900 case - early days yet, built it around 6 months ago, but very good so far. Case came with 3 fans fitted - one large (120mm?) and two normal size. That plus the fan on the CPU and the PSU seems to keep things pretty cool. Currently at 32 degrees C having just run COD4 for an hour :lol:

Neil
Olegs stalker

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:49 am

I'm using 2 each SilenX 120's inside my case.
No probs yet, and they are much quieter than the 80's I had in my old one.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks all.

I'm down to two LED blue fans, the Antec TriCool 120mm with or without 3-speed switch and the Cooler Master Neon Blue LED 120MM Case Fan. Sorry, Zalman won third place.

I'm buying the Scythe "KAZE MASTER 5.25" Multi Channel Fan Controller ( http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2008/0 ... e-master/2 ) for four of my fans. Do I need a 3-pin or four pin connector? Can I connect two or three fans to the same 12v supply and controller? Can I connect a Y-connector to the CPU fan and let my controller OR the board control the fan?

~~~

If you don't mind changing the subject a wee bit ...

tomorrow I order the PSU. Will it be the Corsair 1000HX semi-modular approved by SLI Zone for high-end stuff (80)(SLI)

or the Ultra X3 fully modular approved for slightly less of a system (SLI) by SLI Zone. Well, the choice was a toughy until I saw the Corsair rise $60 and the Ultra drop about $60 in price.

Huh? Okay, cool. I'll get the Ultra then. Am I a spiffy shopper or what?!

Let's just check the Ultra forums just ... one ... more ... time, then.

Ak! Recent troubles with GeForce Series 200 cards (I'm prolly getting 2 285's) when coupled with SLI (and alone) and the Ultra!

Well shyte! The Ultra is a LOT less now than the Corsair, but this new bit of news that covers several forums, bothers the bejeezuz out of me. It reminds me of the troubles of the Asus P6T Deluxe motherboard that I almost bought. It is touted as the cat's flippin' pajamas for mid-level 1366 I7 boards and then >wham!< the day I was to order it I check the forums; industry-wide murmurings about a flaw in the design and a new version being rushed onto the market. Scheiße!!

Well, enough crabbin'.

So, Antec or Cooler Master - Corsair or Ultra?

Input!

Fal "spending money hurts" con

What duz I do!?

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:58 am

8) neavvah minddah pwetty lights!

other useful case mods

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:55 pm

I am good with Arctic Cooling brand. Cheap and dependable.
A fan can survive for sure the time between two COD releases ;) and more.

They had some LED products as well, but does it cool better when shiny? :doubt:
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:54 pm

but ... but ...

bling is my thing!

Faldog

:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:56 pm

I've done gone had Artic cooling stuff in my time, did right by me it did. Shee-it, am gone all yankee, heeeelp. :)

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss