Dead pilot

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Conman
Postmaster
Location: Brockford, Suffolk, England, U.K., Europe, Earth, mil

Dead pilot

Post by :FI:Conman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:05 pm

ok im very jealous of the frount page pictures. How did you get the dead pilots? Is it a mod? 8)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Re: Dead pilot

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:18 pm

I don't know if it's the MOD or the "gore" setting in your .ini file. I know you used to be able to set the "gore" at 2 if you wanted more red stuff in and around the cockpit when you got splattered. :lol:

Oh, how does it feel to hold a gun? ;)
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Conman
Postmaster
Location: Brockford, Suffolk, England, U.K., Europe, Earth, mil

Post by :FI:Conman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:20 pm

ohh felt very good forgot my camra so have no pics but in the full 7 1/2 hours we where at the RAF station i shot 30 .22 rounds from a no. 8 rifle. we are training a RCO so we shold be able to shoot at the squadron before long thanks for asking i forgot about that post!
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Cool, .22 rifles are a blast. Not much noise, no recoil and just fun!

The bigger stuff can be fun too, and sometimes it isn't.. :roll:

I used to have two Sharp's breechloaders. One was in 45-120 and the other was 50-140. In the movie QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER he shot a 45-110. First number was the bore diameter and the second number indicated how many grains of black powder was in the cartridge. The 45-120 was a handful to shoot but that 50-140 needed wheels. It weighed 12.5 lbs and it still beat you to a pulp when you pulled the trigger. It had a lovely receiver tang peep sight on it and was an accurate old cannon. The big problem was the fact that the rear sight was so close to your eye that the recoil would drive the sight into your eyebrow. The most shots I was ever to do consecutively with that beast was 4. Usually after the third shot, my eyebrow was cut and bleeding enough to mess up my view..... :roll: It was impressive to see a big .5 inch chunk of lead connect with what it was aimed at. It was a beautiful piece of artillery, but alas, some body offered me more than I thought it was worth and it found a new home. The cartridge case on that beast is 3 1/4 inches long with out the slug.

I also had a beautiful underlever side by side double rifle, made by R.B. Rodda & Co. Gun makers to H.T. the viceroy & H.R.H. the duke of Edenburgh. London & Calcutta, that was chambered in 500 BPE ( black powder express ) it was about the same cartridge as that 50 Sharps. It was used in the late 1800's as an elephant gun. It was NO fun to shoot either.

It is difficult to keep from flinching when you KNOW that thing is going to make you bleed. :badgrin: You have to REALLY concentrate on making the shot. ;)

The 45-120 had a straight stock with no pistol grip and it had a tendency to bust my lower lip with my middle middle finger when it went off. Great sport!! :D ( for a sadist ) :badgrin:

Nowadays, I rarely shoot anything larger than a 6.5X55MM because I have arthritis in my right shoulder and it hurts too much to have fun. :oops:

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:25 pm

Whats this ? .22 ? Cutbacks?

Had 303's when I was in ATC,

Tsk , be using airsoft next we know.

( pass the biscuits Mirandy)

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:57 pm

.303's were a MANLY rifle. :lol:

Especially those butt ugly short magazine Lee-Enfields. ( SMLE ) THAT was a no BS fighting rifle.