dlv_Philippines_v2.0 map

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

dlv_Philippines_v2.0 map

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:09 am

Gah!

No matter how I do it, I can't get the map to show up in the "Map Load" of IL2. I have a "Philippines" map, but no dlv_. Today, I tried to join a co-op and the game froze at line-up and the computer gave a MS error message and changed to a low-rez desk top. All other mod maps work ok.

Any quick advice?

Thanks,

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Re: dlv_Philippines_v2.0 map

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:40 am

I'm assuming by Map load your referring to the FMB? I just dl this "dlv_Philippines_v2.0 map" from AAA and it loaded up no problem in FMB, it was labelled "Philippines".

I made a quick msn with a plane and flew with out any hiccups. All I can suggest is to dl it again and install. Open FMB and try and load the map.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:52 am

Just "Philippines"? Not "dvl_Philippines"? Someone told me that it was prefixed with dvl_. If not, I will find this person and kill them.

Thanks Pat. I'll try to remember how to make a quick mission and try it out.

thx,

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Stu the new unified installer is kinda out, that map is included in it as a default. At the moment there are some problems downloading it so I'd hold of till the end of the week then I think we all should install this version so we are on the one page.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:14 pm

Yeah Greg, I saw it last night. Gah! What a mess, huh? It took me two hours to dl about 120 megs of the first part. I gave up 'round two in the morning. Oh well, shouldn't complain. It's free and so much work has been done on it.

thanks,

F

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:07 pm

I got 3 sections downloaded last night @ about 11 ohio time, going o try to get the rest tonight.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:26 pm

I'm trying the Torrent, 70% complete, completely gave up on AAA. I was continuously getting dropped.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:06 am

I got five sections dl'd last night. Today, none. Will try again tonight, ~1AM CT.

Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:31 am

Ya got the Unified Installer with the Torrent. Now to make sure it installs and then burn it to a DVD.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:28 am

All I got to say about this Unified Installer is WOW! I can't begin to explain it, the effects, sound, ease of installation, and the maps did I mention the maps, there has to be twice as many maps as before, and the planes. Did I mention maps....oh I did, right and new objects.

I would recommend this to anyone who played 4.09b1m with mods. There is enough stuff here to keep any skinner/mission maker busy for awhile, dang the maps...so.....many.....maps =P~
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:04 pm

Downloaded all the sections at work today so I will give it a try tonight :D Glad to see AAA finally got a load of mirrors up and running so the downloads were fairly quick.

Wardog ^:) :beer: :beer:

BTW Sack how are the maps! LOL
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:09 pm

Yeah, dl'd section 6 and 7 last night. They are named slightly differently in the mirror I used, v7 as opposed to ver5. I hope that doesn't matter.

So, update to 4.08m on a new install and just run this 1.1 pack?

F

:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Don't you still have to mod to plain 4.09b1m first then run the installer?
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:15 pm

:FI:Wardog wrote:Don't you still have to mod to plain 4.09b1m first then run the installer?
No, you just need to patch to 4.08m then install the unified installer. If I wasn't at home here doing a online course I'd be playing.......wait a minute....I should get back to the books #-o
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:16 pm

Make sure before you go installing anything guys that each section is 250mb (section 8 is smaller) in size, some were getting download complete after only 50% of the files were down loaded. Also some of the mirrors (not the original) were directing people to the old unified installer. So if in doubt get the original one from AAA, take yer time get it right the first time and y'all should be fine otherwise you'll be flying with pike :)