Hosting Sundays DF

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Re: Hosting Sundays DF

Post by :FI:Mikester » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:22 pm

Just seen a nice little tutorial on setting up your map script.

Hope this helps

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name ... ic&p=25250
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Thanks Mike - 10 out of 10 for the instructions :D

Where do I find the ini file in IL2SC?
Olegs stalker

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:59 pm

When you hit the edit "ini" button it creates a ini file then places it beside the other mission files. so you should have 3 files in total for a mission .mis .properties and .ini
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:15 pm

oops cancel that il2sc

I got FBDj working properly today. Last week I had it running but not logging details of plane or ground unit destruction. Thats now sorted so ill be using this application instead of il2sc. One of the reasons being it picks out the targets from the mission file then places them on a nice Java Gui that you can edit creating plane load outs etc, before saving the file. This is a lot easier than manually doing it.

I would also recommend downloading the latest version of FBDj to use for editing your missions. It also has a built in help file.

When you open a mission file this is the kind of things you can change. Hit save and its added to your mission. You can also see it's picked out all the ground targets so no need to mess around with the mission file. Don't think the moving targets are displayed as being destroyed yet but think it's in the pipe line.

I'll have the dedicated server on for today so feel free to have a go.
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Got that issue sorted out regarding the Ground units not showing up. Was me not knowing how to use the FBDj properly. Now when you type <objective<blue or red it shows the tanks, AAA etc and the percentage left. applied it to Gadje's map and the one Frank sent me the other day. Needs players to test further though, I was only testing as a single player but it seemed to work. Still not sure what happens with the moving objects!