Concerning the Mods

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
Walshy

Concerning the Mods

Post by Walshy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:16 pm

I already have a lot of the mods installed myself, as well as a clean install of 1946 for online play, and was wondering what are your favourite mods are that you use personally offline. I like the avala's plane shine, hun in the sun's mods for the various versions of the 109, the jabo BF-109 F's and cockpit mods for the 109's, the flyable N1K1-Ja (love that plane) and the K-14 ace maker for the spitfire and late war P-47. Oh and what are your views on them; i.e are they a good thing or bad, do they increase immersion and do you think 4.09m when it's released, if ever, should it lock down the code or should Oleg embrace the modding community?
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Concerning the Mods

Post by :FI:Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Best bet (I think) is to go for the Unified Installer package on AAA. you get the new aircraft and a selection of the other mods. You should download Cannonuk's BoB map as well and I think you will be happy with what you get.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

Walshy

Post by Walshy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Yes I already have it.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:49 pm

Cool!

A bunch of mods AND Cannon's BoB map. Looks like you may be ready to go Walshy. It's still gonna be a good idea to come early for a session or meet up with some of us during the week to make sure everything is up to snuff.

If you want the shooting thru walls, invisible plane, level 5 force field and photon torpedo mods ... see me down at the pier at midnight.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Walshy

Post by Walshy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:31 pm

Okie dokie, happy days and all that, what what.
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:05 pm

Just be advised that the Historic Encounters server does not allow mods- if you want to join that particular campaign, you must set your switcher to version 4.08 unmodded.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
Gorkyporky
Beginner

Post by Gorkyporky » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:49 pm

I like mods. I like the clouds mod and the Spitfire Mk. I. I also like the cockpit repaints, and i think its generaly a good idea to embrace the modding comunity of any game. Of course there should be servers that dont support mods, so you could fly without all the suspicious FM flying around... But i think that generaly its a good idea. I myself have the unified instaler, but i dont have the BOB maps. Could someone link them to me?