Hey

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Expo
Baby Boardie

Hey

Post by Expo » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Hey guys.

Just thought I'd say hi. Falcon replied to my post on the IL2 website so I'd thought I'd come and see whats going on :) (Im Maxxedmagic :P)

Im new to flight sims so if you tell me to do something or say something to me and I dont respond then I have an excuse :P

Im waiting to get my Saitek X52 Joystick before I start flying so I hope I see you all soon. :)

Cya later

Expo
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Hey

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:23 am

Welcome to the boards, Expo!

Well, there´re some things you could tell us about yourself ... like where´re you from ... what you made choosing the FIS ... what your expectations towards us are ... if you like wain scottings and sheeps ... and finally if Falcon has sent you a cheque for showing here up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, you´re welcome! ;)

I hope you´ve got everything you need to fly with us like ...
  • - a joystick
    - Teamspeak
    - a headset
    - the latest version of IL-2 (and more ...)
    - Hyperlobby
    - some booze
    - a lot of patience and even more humor ...
So if you think you´re prepared then join us on Fridays (Historic Encounters at 2100 EST/0200 GMT), Sundays (1400 EST/2000 GMT) or sometimes midweeks on Hyperlobby ...

Cya in the virtual blue soon, Expo! :D

^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Expo
Baby Boardie

Post by Expo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Yeah I do have a mic and Teamspeak :) Just waiting for my X52 Joystick to arrive :)

I live in the UK so Im not sure what the time difference would be and if I would be able to make any of the flying sessions :cry: But I would love to have a go at trying to get the thing in the air for a start haha :lol:

As I've said, Im new to Flight Sims really so I wont have a clue what to do at first, I know some basics like elevation, flaps, throttle etc but never really gone beyond that but Im looking to learn 8)

Just one question, do you guys fly co-op or do you fight against other squads or both?? ;)

Cya soon

Expo ^:|
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:59 pm

Hello Expo :wink2:

We fly a mix of coops and dogfight missions. Sunday 7pm UK time is a regular slot.

If you're not familar with sims you will have a lot on your plate to start with. '46 has a lot of scalable difficulty settings but we fly pretty much 'full switch' meaning just about as difficult as it gets. Don't be put off- its a lot of laughs and you will find a lot of helpfull advice on the forums and from members.

When you get your stick I suggest your best best is to get it set up so your controls are where you want them to be and start with some off-line flying in the Quick Mission Builder and the campaigns in the game. You might not want to but I suggest you fly in the closed cockpit and stalls/spins on and get used to it from the start, also enable complex engine management and read up on your engine controls in the manual. You need to be comfortable controlling the aircraft before you venture out on-line or you will be served up for breakfast !!

Most of all have some fun. Its not hard round here.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

Expo
Baby Boardie

Post by Expo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Ok thanks for the advice :) Im hoping there is a flight school in game or something so I can learn the basics then Ill try some of the missions and campaign offline. I was wondering if you fly American/British planes or German/Japanese planes as I know they have different characteristics, such as Zero's being quick etc (Pearl Habour Film!) haha :lol: I think thats right anyway...

Yeah, I'll read the manual and write some stuff down so I can remember it when Im flying :) I'd also prefer if I was in a fighter rather than a bomber as it sounds more fun :lol: I can't wait to fly with you guys with all the laughs and the teamwork to destroy anything and everything :)

Also wondering during missions if you have to takeoff and land or land for fuel or anything like that ;)

Cya soon

Expo ^:)
Last edited by Expo on Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:45 pm

Expo wrote:... I'll read the manuel and write some stuff down ...
Careful mates, this guy sounds way over-qualified.

Elitist bas'ard.

;)

~~~

Welcome to the forums Expo!

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Expo
Baby Boardie

Post by Expo » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:05 am

:FI:Falcon wrote:
Expo wrote:... I'll read the manuel and write some stuff down ...
Careful mates, this guy sounds way over-qualified.

Elitist bas'ard.

;)

~~~

Welcome to the forums Expo!

Falcon
Your just a bully haha :lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome and hopefully I wont be too much of an embarressment in the sky lol :)
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:40 pm

welcome expo to the fun zone ;)

wardog 8) ^:) :beer: :beer:
Expo
Baby Boardie

Post by Expo » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks Wardog ^:)

I've filled out an application form, just waiting for a reply :)
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:37 pm

Expo wrote:I've filled out an application form, just waiting for a reply :)
Ah yes the application form, did Falcon inform you about the small print? I didn't read the small print, now I'm stuck in this forum... :badgrin: (evil laugh)

Welcome aboard Expo!
Expo
Baby Boardie

Post by Expo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:14 pm

Haha.

I've got my joystick now so Im ready to play.... How do I come fly with you guys and come on teamspeak if Im allowed?

I'd also like some help setting my joystick up in IL2 so I know which buttons/switches I'll need :) Also, when I try and takeoff my airplane swerves all over the place, is this normal or do I have a rudder problem? haha :lol:

Thanks.

Expo
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Check your PM's for TeamSpeak address and PW.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:10 pm

Plane swerving all over the place...

Try using the 'lock tailwheel ' . You will have to assign a command in controls. Using opposite rudder will help too.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:26 pm

Expo,

Did you get your stick issues sorted?

Falcon

Expo
Baby Boardie

Post by Expo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:02 pm

Yeah, it was just me being rubbish lol :P

Didnt realise flying an aircraft straight was so complicated! lol and taking off, still trying to get the hang of it. :)

I can takeoff on servers and fly around happily enough, just have no idea where other planes are so I can shoot em :( I eventually end up getting shot in the back and die.. lol