Back again

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Ghost
Postmaster

Back again

Post by :FI:Ghost » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:09 pm

Hello gentlemen! I've returned to my old work on Il-2.. Here's what I've done so far. The basic paint scheme is done, now I am into details, weathering and stuff so I will gladly use some tips and comments.. Does anyone know why the nose keeps staying red although I made it green in the skin?

*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Back again

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:23 am

Boris!!

Good to see you back!

I was thinkin' about your IL2 just the other day.

Do you know that there are TWO spinners; one when stopped and one spinning, (one just above the other on the template)?

Remember to plan your camo so that the one set of hatches that are used for the top of BOTH wings match up. That takes a wee bit of planning. Have patience.

Lookin' forward to seein' the fi'shed product!

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:16 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote: Do you know that there are TWO spinners; one when stopped and one spinning, (one just above the other on the template)?
I know that, and I've painted them both green but still, they don't show up in the game..
:FI:Falcon wrote:Remember to plan your camo so that the one set of hatches that are used for the top of BOTH wings match up. That takes a wee bit of planning. Have patience.
I will certainly do that, just when I get more time, probably during the next week when I have finished my exams.. I'll make several versions, and one of those will be with FI markings...
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:00 pm

:FI:Ghost wrote:... I know that, and I've painted them both green but still, they don't show up in the game.....
Well then, it's one of those things that is coded in.

I say ... we revolt!

Thomas Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:49 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:
:FI:Ghost wrote:... I know that, and I've painted them both green but still, they don't show up in the game.....
Well then, it's one of those things that is coded in.

I say ... we revolt!

Thomas Falcon
Join the revolution
http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/view ... ht=spinner

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Do you happen to have it Sneaky? Cause the file on that link is deleted..
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:10 pm

:FI:Ghost wrote:Do you happen to have it Sneaky? Cause the file on that link is deleted..
I didnt get it , try a request over there.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)