Session 23rd March

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Session 23rd March

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:01 pm

Making 3 coops for next session (giving Neil a break :) ), Based on the Smolensk map. Aircraft will be............

Allied---------- La-5F, Pe-2 (110 series), il2-type3, P-39 N-1, Yak-9

Axis---------- Bf-109 G-6, Fw-190 A-6, He-111-6, Bf-110G.

Vin
Last edited by :FI:Bluebell on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Session 23rd March

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:21 pm

Great news Vin!

All those ac are included in the FIGSP already.

:D

New members and guests who want FI skins, let us know!

thanks Ubermissionentwerferführer!!

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:57 pm

A break sounds good, thanks Vin, the old creative juices were running a bit low :lol:

I have one new mission written for Italy map so far, and might do a couple more based on the Anzio landings which we can use in a few weeks time.
Olegs stalker

Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:55 pm

I know how it is Neil, its hard to find an original scenario time after time. Maybe some folk could help by putting some ideas forward regarding plane sets and scenarios. Even make a template map perhaps. Remember that the more objects you have in the map the more it will slow everyones computer, the best tip is never to have anything on the map that may be pretty but has nothing to do directly with the mission (I'm talking coops mainly). Any ideas would be appreciated.

These Smolensk missions will have serious flak at all home bases, also put in frontline markers, so be warned Frank :lol:

Vin
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:47 pm

sounds like another great one Vin, count me in m8. I sure love those 109's. =D]
There are two things that are infinite in life, human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not too sure about the universe. Albert Einstein
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:59 pm

Well the 23rd is easter sunday - as our family is meeting that day, I think I will not be back in time.

I will sneak in later then !
Image ImageImage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:26 pm

Hey guys, slow down with those ideas :) .

Vin
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:08 pm

Not sure if this is what you're looking for Vin but Gadje and myself have build up a reasonable list of planes that match up pretty well. They aren't all historical but i guess that can only go for so long.

If this kind of reference is what your looking for, we could maybe do a bit more work and come up with some kind of master matchup list that could be displayed on the site?

As for maps and scenarios, I'm as much use here as a chocolate tea pot :(

P.S I also have a server sittign on the lobby that could host a nice historical full real dog fight scenario, machine matches are drying out!
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:58 pm

Well, ... it looks like that I won´t be around on Sunday either ... easter family business I have to bear ... so I´d really appreciate it if someone could record the missions and sent them in to me ... just for the sake of creating some fancy screenshots ... :(

Anyhow, ... I´m currently working on a set of Operation August Storm COOP missions taking place in the Manchuria 1945 with a more or less historical planeset. One mission´s been done so there´re just five to go ...

More ideas incoming, folks? :-k
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:07 pm

:FI:Ardmore wrote:... Any ideas would be appreciated. ...
Okay, I like missions like when you start up all 'puckutah-puckutah-ppppp!' and then the planes go 'rrryyearrr!' into the air and then you cruise all kinna 'vroooom!' and then the bad guys come and it's all like 'takka-takka-takka!' and some guys go, 'oh no!' and then you reach the thing and go totally like 'boom-boom!' and then 'whoosh!' and then they go, 'huh?' and you go, 'ah ha!' and they go 'errrrr!' and then you go, 'heh-heh' and fly back like 'zoom!' and you land and stuff.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:51 pm

And dont forget the air start for Pike :lol:

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Stu you crack me up mate you really do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sneaky it's alright setting it up to air start for pike but it's hard to set it up so he can finish without landing too ;)

Wardog :D :D :lol: :lol:
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:19 pm

:FI:Wardog wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Stu you crack me up mate you really do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sneaky it's alright setting it up to air start for pike but it's hard to set it up so he can finish without landing too ;)

Wardog :D :D :lol: :lol:
Thats OK,

We'll all be out of the way then :badgrin:

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:11 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:
:FI:Ardmore wrote:... Any ideas would be appreciated. ...
Okay, I like missions like when you start up all 'puckutah-puckutah-ppppp!' and then the planes go 'rrryyearrr!' into the air and then you cruise all kinna 'vroooom!' and then the bad guys come and it's all like 'takka-takka-takka!' and some guys go, 'oh no!' and then you reach the thing and go totally like 'boom-boom!' and then 'whoosh!' and then they go, 'huh?' and you go, 'ah ha!' and they go 'errrrr!' and then you go, 'heh-heh' and fly back like 'zoom!' and you land and stuff.

Falcon

I like this idea, it has some merit :)

Vin
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:14 am

Falcon I have already written that mission .

.....well apart from the start which begins- 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!-----wha?- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!------eh?- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!------Pike???'

This part is traditional Irish and often lasts longer than the actual mission.