Photoshop

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
Mutzy
Boardie

Photoshop

Post by Mutzy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:15 am

Hey I just got Photoshop 7,

I was checking out the tutorials on http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/ ... arted.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It shows you how to eliminate white from the void.bmp while keeping the contour and panel details

I tried getting the filter recomended by the turorial but Photoshop 7 won't accept it and throws up an error. Is there any other way i can eliminate white from The RGB image?

I looks at Falcon! :lol:
:FI:Mutzy

Aka: Zippy GorillaChunks

Yeah?
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Photoshop

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:25 am

Sorry mate. I don't use 'Remove White' or any other 'remove whatever'.

I start from the very beginning., a clean sheet of paper and a black pencil.

Ask Mr. Owl.

;)

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:10 am

:FI:Falcon wrote:Sorry mate. I don't use 'Remove White' or any other 'remove whatever'.

I start from the very beginning., a clean sheet of paper and a black pencil.

Ask Mr. Owl.

;)

F
Don't let him hose ya Mutzy, 'E uses a BLACK CRAYON ( although it is exceedingly sharp )

<runs>
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:17 am

Have you changed the image to RGB, rather than indexed?
Also make a duplicate layer.

(also see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7820)

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:52 am

:FI:Mutzy wrote:Hey I just got Photoshop 7,

I tried getting the filter recomended by the turorial but Photoshop 7 won't accept it and throws up an error. Is there any other way i can eliminate white from The RGB image?

I looks at Falcon! :lol:

Mutzy

I have Photoshop 7 too. I had problems with the remove white plugin from Simmers Paint Shop downloads section so I looked around and found this link to "Mark Mclaren's" remove white pluin, this one works.

http://www.pspug.org/filters/filtersff.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mutzy
Boardie

Post by Mutzy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:07 pm

:FI:Sacktime wrote: Mutzy

I have Photoshop 7 too. I had problems with the remove white plugin from Simmers Paint Shop downloads section so I looked around and found this link to "Mark Mclaren's" remove white pluin, this one works.

http://www.pspug.org/filters/filtersff.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I tried that too but still throwing up errors. You just unzipped it and pasted it into the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\Filters folder right?

Its annoying, cos the tutorial makes it looks so easy, yet i can't even get the program to work #-o

Edit
problem Solved, go to here http://www.dizteq.com/joestuff/freestuff.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and download the file called "MSVCRT10.DLL" and install to c:\windows\system and all of those plugins should work then. \:D/
:FI:Mutzy

Aka: Zippy GorillaChunks

Yeah?
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Another question on the same theme.

What does "Bright" do, and does it make a difference to the outcome of your skin? I've looked here and there and even downloaded a plug-in for it, but I dont see anywhere that says it makes a difference.

Vin the absolute beginner
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Dammit!

I knew SOMEBODY was gonna make me think today.

Bright reduces your multi-uber-colouououred image to 256 colors so IL2 can use it. Your graphics software will do that too, but what BRIGHT does, iirc, is shift those 256 colors to the colors you need. Other conversion aps just reduce to a basic 256 pallet. With a custom 256 pallet you have MUCH less speckling, dithering, dots in your colors. The colors are more solid and true.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:45 pm

I knew someone had the answer. ^:)

Thanks Stu.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss