Meet the BgAFs on Friday!

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Meet the BgAFs on Friday!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:44 pm

Folks!

Today =BgAF=Raven has challenged us on behalf of his squad for a DF mission tomorrow. His squad will be on HL at 2100 BST (2200 CET, 2300 Eastern Europe Time) to meet us. The planeset will contain aircrafts of the years 1942/1943.

I hereby order everybody to call in to fly with us! If you won´t show up have a nice evening and enjoy your beers! :D

Anyhow, you´ll be welcomed to try'n'die with us! ;)

S! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Ghost
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:59 pm

If I am not out somewhere, trying to get laid, then I will be here...
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:11 pm

Like I said I'm in :)

wardog
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:40 am

Damn....

I won;t be back in time :(

Pack your parachutes guys ;) :)
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:13 am

If I'm not some where else, I'll be there.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:36 am

Times a bit confusing for me - 21 BST (British Summer Time?) but we are still using GMT at the moment until we put the clocks forward - so I guess that mean 20 GMT? :oops: :?

If I can get my head around the timings I might make it!
Olegs stalker

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:48 am

:FI:Nellip wrote:Times a bit confusing for me - 21 BST (British Summer Time?) but we are still using GMT at the moment until we put the clocks forward - so I guess that mean 20 GMT? :oops: :?

If I can get my head around the timings I might make it!
I´ve always thouht BST would be British Standard Time but who cares about it anyway what I think ... my fault! ;)

Naw, Neil ... actually I´m going to meet Raven and his boys at 2200 my time ... I suppose that is 2100 your time and 2300 his time ...

Jeez, let´s better use terms like Nellip Time Zone to clear up the confusion!!!

Genosse lost in the land of terminal confusions :shock:

Image Image
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Zulu, GMT or UTC ?

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:38 pm

Coordinated Universal Time
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
"UTC" redirects here. For other uses, see UTC (disambiguation).

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC,--Fr. Temps Universel Coordonné) is a high-precision atomic time standard. UTC has uniform seconds defined by International Atomic Time (TAI), with leap seconds announced at irregular intervals to compensate for the Earth's slowing rotation and other discrepancies. Leap seconds allow UTC to closely track Universal Time (UT), a time standard based not on the uniform passage of seconds, but on the Earth's angular rotation.

Time zones around the world are expressed as positive or negative offsets from UTC. Local time is UTC plus the time zone offset for that location, plus an offset (typically +1) for daylight saving time, if in effect. UTC replaced Greenwich Mean Time on 1 January 1972 as the basis for the main reference time scale or civil time in various regions.[1]

UTC is also referred to by the military and civil aviation as Zulu time (Z).[2][3]
[/url]

Of course we could have Fighting Irish Time - standardized from the Guiness Clock :badgrin:

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:47 pm

I overheard Raven say in Bulgarian that when they are finished with us, his boys would.....

'Rape our livestock and eat our women' although my Bulgarian is a wee bit rusty :?

Anyhoo boys the FIS must defend our animals! (the women can take care of themselves)

Volunteer Gadje.
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:21 am

Congratulations to the =BgAF= for an overwhelming victory last night ^:|

And thanks for leaving our farm animals and women afterwards (obviously poor taste in such things these boys)

And a big S! to the few M8's who did turn up. Hopefully we can do this again.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:40 am

:FI:Gadje wrote:Congratulations to the =BgAF= for an overwhelming victory last night ^:|

And thanks for leaving our farm animals and women afterwards (obviously poor taste in such things these boys)

And a big S! to the few M8's who did turn up. Hopefully we can do this again.
Yeah, absolutely agreed! That was big fun again after we had such a clash of squads years ago as far as I can remember. It was interesting to see how we were handling the different situations and for a moment I had even the feeling that we had the air superiorty. Anyhow, this needs to be repeated!

This time with a in numbers and kind limited planeset. I hope Mike will get this server commander to work properly for the next match.

Nonetheless, thank you a million for fly'n'die with, mates! A salute to our Bulgarian flight mates, too! You showed us our limits!

We´ll certainly meet you again! ;)

:D ^:)

Image Image
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:28 pm

Agreed!! Lastnight was real fun, I had a great time even though we got thumped!! Think numbers were against us though! Magbe more FI will turn up next time, hint hint!! 9v6 doesn't sound that bad but you can sure feel the difference! Just trying to take off and get some height was real tough!

Maybe some of the old school pro's should come back and give the boys a hand!! no names!

Gen I'm gonna fire up il2sc in 10 mins, If you want to mess around with it pls feel free! I'm away for the day and won't be back until tonight. Some of the new functions in this program sound real good and could make our sunday fly more interesting!!

Give it a go m8 and work your magic!

S! and well done for your efforts last night!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Yepper do!

I had a ... uh ... great time ... errr ... dying for my country yesterday. Not quite what Patton had in mind.

>sigh<

But sneeriously, ih t'was lots of fun.

If yous wants more, remember the 69.GIAP guys are lookin' for a match too.

Just a think an' a link.

Fal "RIP several times" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
=BgAF=Raven
Beginner

Post by =BgAF=Raven » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:34 pm

Hello =Fi= 8)

I propose one more duel between squadrons for the next friday (same time 21:00 Ur time).

I hope that you will be more pilots this time...So , if U want revenge...

=BgAF=Raven
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:28 pm

Go on lads...

I'm right behind you...well...a fair bit behind...health and safety you understand...

And always remember:

"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill