Manual for the new ones

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
Ombert
Beginner

Manual for the new ones

Post by Ombert » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:27 pm

Hello everybody.

I have been serchin' the forum and I am confused. Probably cause I am noob. :? I have just bought the game but I'd like to fly with you guys.

Would you be able to tell me step by step what I should do to have my game updated/changed enough to join you on the proper server.

Cheers

Ombert
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:55 pm

Welcome Ombert,

I'm sure you can get all the information that you need to get up and running with us in IL2. First, what version of the game did you buy? IL2? Pacific Fighters? 1946?

If you have 1946, that and a free update or two is all you need.

We fly 4.08m. I think you get 4.07* in the '46 box.

If you are serious about the game and ready to mess with a bunch of crazed pilots, we can have you flying in no time.

Best of luck,

*EDIT
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Ombert
Beginner

Post by Ombert » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks Falcon :)

I have 1946.

I think it is 4.07.

What aboot the comunication in game? Teamtalk would do?
If you are serious about the game and ready to mess with a bunch of crazed pilots, he can have you flying in no time
You don't have to encourage me more Falcon :D
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:21 pm

You need teamspeak client for comms ombert. Here is the link:

http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

as for 4.08 check out IL2 main site or try http://www.mission4today.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can find the download here

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... ls&id=1908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wardog :)
Ombert
Beginner

Post by Ombert » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Which version of teamspeak do you use, guys? 2.0.32.60 or the updated one?
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:51 am

yep, I just checked ...

mine says 2.0.32.60

Did someone PM the addy to you yet?

I don't know if we usually give the addy out to a one-poster (sorry) with whom we haven't flown, but it should be ok. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:03 am

He's a three poster now - one more and he'll look like this:

Pike has not managed many more than that in over 4 years with the squad :lol:

How we going to get to know him if we don't give him the IP and password?
Olegs stalker

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:27 pm

:lol:
:FI:Nellip wrote:... How we going to get to know him if we don't give him the IP and password?

Alright, all right, that's enough logic, reason and good sense from you Neil!

Forgive my American Pilgrim morals, I am being cautious. I simply don't go that far on a first date.

Now, the second date ... look out!!!

Fal "woohoo!" con

Ombert
Beginner

Post by Ombert » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:37 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:
Did someone PM the addy to you yet?

I don't know if we usually give the addy out to a one-poster (sorry) with whom we haven't flown, but it should be ok. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.
Guys, guys easy :D

I would like to fly with you at the beginning. Maybe later we would date, but that depends how you look like. I like tall, brunetts with brown eyes. Oh and I would prefer females. :p

I will be happy just to fly with you... I mean try to fly at all. So far I even managed to take off few times :D so probably it take a while before I'd join you. Although if you need a gunner just let me know. ;)

Ombert

Edit: That's my 4th post :p
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Okay berty,

Check PM's.

Things have been a wee bit slow in HyperLobby (HL) this week, but if you see any of us there, then join in. Two of our most aciest mates who can be found in HL in some of the most disreputable places are =FI=Gadje and =FI=Mikester. Put them and any other =FI= or :FI: member you see there in your friends list.

Join TeamSpeak (TS) and talk to the ground pounders too. Yeah, I know it's kinna embarrassing bein' seen with them, but they can help you a wee bit as well. Just don't feed any of them. They tend to follow folks home.

Sunday is our biggest day. It starts around 1-1:30PM CT or 7-7:30PM-ish Old World time. I would suggest having everything ready before joining that. We start exactly on time, we have no tech problems and we never have re-starts!

excuse me ...

>cough-cough-wheez-choke!<

Now, where was I?

If you have any more questions, please ask. We're here to help. >cough<

=FI=Falcon in HL

:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:16 am

:lol: Hope Rabbit don´t read this Falcon, he might install 1946 again... ;)
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".