SEOW Invitation from 69.GIAP Amerika Wing

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Re: SEOW Invitation from 69.GIAP Amerika Wing

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:47 am

If you could make the time more Euro friendly I reckon for sure you would get a fight. But I understand if not. Same problem in squad, meeting our M8's across the pond at a time that suits is difficult.

When Falcon says he is busy with squadron stuff it means the wife is making him clean the dishes, do the laundry, walk the ferret...... that type of thing :)

S!
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:54 am

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA wrote: . . . . . .

THEY GOT A HOSTAGE! :shock:

when?

Of course you could always meet us in Italy - Friday nights 20:00 EST - Na Kane Pono server ;)

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:14 pm

Gadje, the idea here is to get something going for the Amerikan members of our squad. I was hoping that your squad might also have an Amerikan wing that needs some action on a weeknight. Ferret walking doesn't count.

Sneaky_Russian, that is no hostage. That is a patriotic macrofauna volunteer on mine clearing duty. A hostage on mine clearing duty would not be wearing the uniform!
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:08 pm

:lol:

S'lute all y'all Rooskie rabble rousers!

Sneaky's idea about meeting with us Friday night at around 7PM CT is a good'n. Co-ops in Italy for now. MoH_Soda's Na Kane Pono is great.

If Friday doesn't suit, the server is up all week.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:44 pm

C! yourself, Falcon! (That's a Cyrillic Salute.)

I'll mention the Friday night outing to my squad mates. It is a bit early for me as I'm usually scrubbing dishes at that hour. I'll try to make it, but it is likely to cost me dearly. :-)

We are a bit distracted at the moment as some crazed Turk hacked our site last night. Perhaps because it was a Danish site? Don't go there now, as it tries to trick you into downloading a trojan. The link in my sig is safe as it was a redirect from a Swiss address, disabled until the site is safe for visitors.

We have backups, so the site should be restored shortly. The bigger problem will be to keep this vandal from doing the same thing again.
C!

Tushka

:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:55 pm

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA wrote: The bigger problem will be to keep this vandal from doing the same thing again.
Simple, KILL HIM!! :badgrin: Or at least slit his nutsack and run his leg through it. 8)
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:28 pm

My Starshina (=69.GIAP=REDVO) and I will try to be there at 8 pm EST tonight. Is there anything we need to set up beforehand, or can we just show up and take care of the necessities at that point? This all presumes I can do this without disturbing domestic tranquility too much, of course. But that shouldn't be a major problem. I don't have ferrets. :-)

As for the web site, we have decided to build a new site rather than just restore the old one, so we are now looking at weeks rather than days. We have a temporary site set up for the interim, should you care to visit. The standard url (http://69giap.ch) offers a link to the temporary site now.
C!

Tushka

:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:48 pm

Dobre dien, towarishy

Na dann mal los !
Image ImageImage
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:52 pm

I guess someone will PM you the :FI: TS details.
Or just join the server and get it from "chat" window.

http://web.t-online.hu/rnzoli/IL2DSC/status-soda.html

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
=69.GIAP=SHURA
Beginner

Post by =69.GIAP=SHURA » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:18 pm

Well then, what's going on here? TUSHKA, stand to attention. I've told you before not to do that thing with your glass eye in public.

Now, have you managed to organise some sort of indoctrinati...I mean cultural exchange with these leprechauns yet? Our sleeper cells amongst the Kapitalist Imperialists need some exercise. I'm starting to think that you might have to have some motivational lectures with the NKVD soon.

Oh, and what is this...displaying latest Soviet camouflage techniques...perhaps all this association with the Imperialists has made you turn native.
C!

I'm not feeling very well - I need a doctor immediately. Ring the nearest golf course. - Marx

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Great stuff last night Gee-Yappers!

I hope to see youze guyz again soon.

I hope to see who EVER blew my Mitchel to iddy-biddy bits over the docks sooner.

Here's to inter-cultural exchange between our collective friends and we totally uncollected Celts.

s'lute!

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:33 pm

That was great fun last night! Thanks for the invitation.

Now that I know you like coops, I have another suggestion. I have a series of coops which are actually some of the mission files of the longest-running SEOW Campaign I know of... the RAAF 13th Squadron's 1919 campaign. 13_Taipan sent them to me to encourage me to set up a WWI-style campaign. I could always run these on the 69.GIAP SQUAD server on a weeknight beginning at say 9 pm EST. The advantage of doing this over running a full SEOW campaign is that we don't need commanders to plan the missions. The disadvantage, of course, is that we would be flying somebody else's campaign, and it is their missions results and planning that determine the course of the campaign, not ours. Think of it as a low-commitment way to participate in an SEOW campaign. If we have a small core group (69.GIAP Amerika wing and :FI: Emigre wing) that should be enough to get started. We can always invite in more friends. The important thing is to have fun!

Is there some particular weeknight that would be better than another?
C!

Tushka

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:18 pm

In anticipation of a series of matches between The Fightin' Irish and 69.GIAP, the 69.GIAP Marching Band has bought new uniforms and has been practicing a special routine to welcome you. You wouldn't want to disappoint them, now would you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggkpgVpqBjE
C!

Tushka

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:31 am

Niiiiice band!

Here's a brief look into our last practice session ...

meow!!

Falcon

:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:10 am

Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!