January 27th, 2008

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

January 27th, 2008

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:42 pm

Folks!

I hope that Nellip will show up wit two of his famous Japan 1946 COOP missions. If he won´t I can host some of my Battle Of France 1940 mod COOPs. Maybe we can close this evening then with on of Mikester´s DF missions ...

Any other ideas? Then bring them on!

:D
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:00 pm

That sounds fine to me Gen. I enjoy the coops but think that the addition of some dogfighting is working really well

I have been thinking that the way that we are working SCS's at the moment involves putting a lot of pressure on a few individuals to come up with missions. My limited and disasterous attempts to script a mission have shown me that a. its bl***y difficult and b. very time consuming. that is on top of the fact that someone (namely you) gets to host.

So far as the hosting goes at some stage this year I am going to replace my PC (if Oleg pulls his thumb out of his a**) and I wouldn't have a problem with doing some then. As to missions couldn't we start looking to re-cycle some of the coop missions we played a few years back or d/ling some of the missions written by others ?. I was also wondering whether we couldn't look to swap missions with other squads ?.

Just a few thoughts with a view to taking a bit of pressure off...
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:20 pm

There will be 2 more Pacific 46 missions for Sunday.

Mission 8 I sent to Genosse last week which we did not fly last Sunday, and I have nearly finished mission 9.

A couple of coops a week isn't a big problem time wise, I enjoy doing them and it gives me an edge in the missions :evil: because I know where the targets are :lol:

Cya all Sunday.

ps My better net connection would probably allow me to host now if someone can talk me through the settings for the router?
Olegs stalker

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:45 pm

Awwwwright Nelli!

See you there!

Ummm, any P-80's in them? I flew one around this week. It' doesn't seem to be much of a match for the 262, but I'll give it a go if it's available.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:49 pm

Stu

Just finished the brief for mission 9.

I think it may be my best yet - modest as always :lol:

And the good new is there are 3 x P80's and 3 x Me262 - although for a small fee I could be persuaded to swap the Me262's for He162's (or a large fee He111's :lol: )

Cya Sunday
Olegs stalker

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:29 pm

Nellip,

The check's in the mail!

You live in Trinidad ... right?

WWFalcon
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:05 am

:FI:Nellip wrote:
ps My better net connection would probably allow me to host now if someone can talk me through the settings for the router?
If you mean the prot settings for Hyperlobby then open up ports 21000 to 21255

If your router is like my linksys 54g then give the port group a name like hyperlobby, make the port start 21000 and the end port 21255 and allow both UDP and TCP and enable that set

Hope this helps

Wardog
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:00 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote: ...

You live in Trinidad ... right?

WWFalcon
God you really know how to hurt a guys feelings don't you :lol:

Never mind, I am sure AB's an honest bloke and he will forward on the cash...............
Olegs stalker