Sunday coops ?

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Sunday coops ?

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:56 pm

Some WW l missions ?

This occurred to me while we were flying the P11 dogfight.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Ghost
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:29 pm

I am all pro. If there's gonna be I-153 I will gladly participate...
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:38 pm

I enjoyed the p11 dogfighting last night.

With Knights of the Sky still an unknown quantity I would be up for some coops with early planes in IL2, we've all got it and we know it works.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:17 pm

If you want to get beautiful WW I skins for the early planes in Il 2 go to this site: http://www.ravenskins.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've downloaded them today and they are very beautiful. They are used in WW I server "Guts and Glory" in HL, but I am sure you knew that...:D
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
Post Maniac General

some screenshots from 1916 template map

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:15 pm

Still a lot of tweaking to do, but could run some DF mode on this (Summer2) map.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:55 pm

Good, good... Is it just that only you and I are interested in this? Cause I don't see many ppl replying to this post?

Anyway, as I said earlier, I love the idea...
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

I'm good for ....

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:56 am

... a change for next Sunday - keeps it the pressure away to manufacture a triple of SCS Smolensk 1944 missions for me. So count me in!!! :D
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:06 am

I'm-in.

Skins-downloaded.
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:29 pm

Me too.

I downloaded these skins a while back and tried out the server a couple of times but it was always empty.

Sounds like a nice change if we did this on Sunday :D
Olegs stalker

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:18 pm

I've been trying to get something rolling with DCG, but It wont handle WW l style ground war too well ; especially in campaign mode. There is more success however with DCG dogfight mode; so I'm generating 3 missions to see how it goes. I'm saving these to manually edit and tweak.
Large artillery barrages cause too much stutter, but it was pretty cool to see an observer balloon freed from it's mooring by ground fire.

The scenario
Defense Technical Information Centre wrote: Much has been written about the Battle of the Somme. From July through late November 1916, British, French, and German armies fought one of the costliest battles of the 20th century. Well over a million casualties and only a few miles of ground gained by the Allies were the result when the battle ended. However, little has been written about the second battle which occurred simultaneously, this one in the skies above the Somme, where for the first time in the history of warfare a deliberate attempt was made to control the sky. The British Royal Flying Corps (RFC), under the resolute command of General Sir Hugh Trenchard, fought to gain air supremacy from the German Air Service. Trenchard believed that the best way to support the ground force was to dominate and control the sky above the battlefield. This air campaign was critical because of its impact on the doctrine and theory of air warfare which followed it.

Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:01 pm

There's gonna be an event on Friday night at Guts and Glory server. If anyone is interested to participate you can sign up at http://www.battle-fields.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; forum...
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:17 pm

Hey!

I'm there folk!

I'm actually inspired enough to start skinnin' again.

I'm on the fast track wiff this, but it might not be ready.

Instead of the axe, I might do a sheep or an "8".

It's inspired by this guy ...

If anyone wants one, and I'm not sayin' any will be ready, but hey ...

let me know what two colors you want and I'll stick your number on it or sumpin.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Count me in!...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:58 am

...but only alternate Sundays. :cry:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x