Rabbits!

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Rabbits!

Post by Nightcat » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:29 pm

Well I promised Mac a while ago I'd post some pictures of my Rabbits but the problem is, its hard to take pictures of such active members of the family - they just can't keep still

This is Roger, he'll pretty much roger anything - hes tried his luck with the dogs, cat and guinea pigs.. Recently he had his nuts removed so he could play with Jessica again. The last two times they played resulted in a litter of 7 and a little of 10 baby rabbits (kittens)

Next up..

Jessica & Roger, its very hard to get Jess on her own to photo because she is the most active of the bunch, she is Rogers partner - these guys are in love. Sometimes Jess doesn't get enough love and tries to get some sense into Roger.

2 of the now grown up kids...

Peter aka Radar - He has a messed up eye like Missy (next), so rather than put them down as nobody wanted one eyed rabbits I kept them. They had managed to get eye infections when they were days old and the eyes wern't devloped or open to treat. nothing we could do sadly. Anyway against all odds they have one good eye each and some vision in they're bad eyes. I didn't show the bad eyes as they are mostly white and might disturb small children. Peter also has had to have his bottom teeth removed recently too - poor guy, even his ears are messed up but hes happy to play and very active / healthy.

Lastly, my little girl :D

Missy (an eye) - like I said, shes my lil girl - this rabbit will follow me around and bug me to pick her up and hold her. She is so dependant on me its crazy. I have to clean her eyes twice a day like Peters but he isn't so clingy. Eyes get checked and cleaned daily because they can easily get infections etc etc

Anyway thats the parents and two offspring, sadly I never took pictures of the other 15 but friends had them so I get to visit them and check up :D
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:43 pm

Hey, NC, thanks for the pics;)

Lovely rabbits you have:)Sorry to hear about their health problems, but as they are more less ok now it is cool. I assume there is a lot to do with such a movable bunch of creatures;)
I've never had rabbits...but they always felt kinda lovely animals to me;)

give them a hugfrmo me, mate;)

Mac
ImageImageImage
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:57 pm

AWWWWWW!

Fal "my ping is thisImage big" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:00 pm

:shock:

I can FLY!!! :lol:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:38 am

aaaaahhhhh!

Rabbit One rollin' on runway zero-three! :shock:

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:33 pm

Had a rabbit years ago, a Netherland Dwarf. Didn't keep him in a cage, he had free run of the house and back yard. When he wanted to come in, he'd scratch at the door. He attacked my wife once; I don't have a clue how she made a bunny mad enough to attack?

Great pictures.

Igor
:FI:Igor
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:31 pm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Guess she was lucky to escape :badgrin:

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:19 pm

Oooh, Nice wabbits. My nephew had a pair once. But you know what happened. 1x1=20. :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:44 am

Uh...

Doesn't 1x1=1?

Oh, it was an asexual pair? ;)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:27 am

Doesn't 1x1=1?
Yes, your right... I gave it some thought...

AB's Rabbit must of been a Gremlin :D
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:57 pm

So that's why when some water went on that wabbit he turned into an Afghan rug. :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!