FYI and This Week (March 16, 2007)

Announcements, Dates, FAQs
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

FYI and This Week (March 16, 2007)

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:00 pm

Folks I think we have completed our current Russian campaign. While we could fly some more missions, the writing is on the wall insomuch that the Axis are en route to our base. :(

Soda hasn't finished preparing our next campaign. I intend to host a joint session with the K9 Squadrons on March 30th, and there is a chance I might not be around on March 23rd.

Our teamwork has been progressing very well lately. There has been some talk concerning having another training session. It would seem to me that this week presents itself as an excellent opportunity for such a session.

Is there interest from the H.E. gang for some training? Blue2 had offered to provide some instruction a little while back. Could you provide us with some training this Friday mate? What would we do? Do you need anything from me? Does someone want to host this training session?

If time permits I could host a couple COOP missions to add to the fun. For me this would be a free night of no stats tracking and possibly no hosting (unless called upon). If others had some COOP missions they would like to host (or me to host) that would be great too, just as long as we spend some time with training if Larry is willing.

Thoughts gentlemen? Does this sound interesting?

Regards,
TS!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:14 pm

All that sounds great! I'll be there if I'm allowed.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:22 pm

I like the training idea. Help us Blue, I want a return on some of that tax money spent teaching you stuff. Sorry Tact (no U.S. paid taxes) that means your out...no training for you ;) :lol:

Noter
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:33 pm

Maybe I don't need any. [-( I said maybe. ;)

OK where are you Blue2 I need training bad. All the newer guys are getting better then me. Even McBiggles shows signs of improvement. :?

TS!
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:31 pm

Hi guys, sorry... busy day today.
You people are funny.
Sure I'll try to shower my vast knowledge upon you ( :roll: ), but unfortunately timing is the issue for this weekend - I'm heading out of town. Next week's a possibility, though.
Sounds like you may be gone next Friday, Tac. We could either do it sometime during the week, or else just pick you up the next time around.

In general, I think it would be best (& MUCH easier) for us to do it in SMALL groups at first. Even in the real world, training like this starts off with a lead & a wingman. I think we could work with a group of 4, maybe even 6, at a time. Beyond that, I can see issues that could quickly degrade the quality of whatever we try to do. On the other hand, if we start with very small numbers, I believe it will go smoother & sink in better. Then we can spread the lessons out to everyone else.

I won't refuse what the group wants to do, but let's think thru this & dialog some until next week, OK? I think I'll have internet access over the weekend, but not sure. Will thru Thurs nite anyway. ^:)
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:14 am

Could we set up one or two nights a week and have three others sign up for said night. This way we can keep the group small and try implementing on Friday night sessions. It does put you out a bit Blue this way...just an idea.

We could do Blue, Tact, McB, and me on one night. Hell, let's shoot for Monday or Tuesday (just picked those 'cause we've been flying together some and Tact could still host). Maybe Sneaky, Helo, and Falcon, set up for another night, etc. Again, just ideas getting the ball rolling.

Noter
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:12 am

Sounds pretty good to me. 4 at a time is a great size for this, and will help us keep it to only ~30-45 minutes per session... if I do a touch of planning in advance. I hope you're all ready for a fully-regimented training ciriculum, complete with textbooks, exams, & syllabus! :shock:
:lol: OK maybe not. No worries. This should be easy... & hopefully FUN too!

I don't care who joins in... all are welcome. My guess is that everyone's schedules will be the driver on who shows & when, though. We will need someone available to HOST each session, since I'm clueless on that part.

Monday & Thursday are out for me next week, but Tues or Wed are OK, preferably between 8 & 10PM US Central time, give or take a little. Could do 2 sessions on 1 night, or 1 per night.
I've got email for Falcon, TacticalS, Noter, & Helo. Would be nice to have it for anyone interested in joining us so we can communicate quickly/easily as needed. Phone #'s are fine too. Just PM me with your info if you like.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:23 pm

That's a great offer Blue2! Thanks mate.

Actually I should be free on Monday and Thursday evenings. :? Unfortunately for me I have commitments both Tuesday and Wednesday evenings next week. Of those two days, however, it should work better for Tuesday as my meeting starts at 6:00 p.m. Atlantic (4:00 p.m. Central) and likely to end by 9:00 p.m. Atlantic (7:00 p.m. Central). If I hurry home it should be fine. So please pencil me down for the first session at 10:00 p.m. Atlantic (8:00 p.m. Central). My meeting on Wednesday is less likely to work (but might also). Both 10:00 p.m. sessions would be too late this old guy (12:00 midnight during work week for me).

Btw, as previously mentioned next Friday, March 23, 2007 there is a possibility that I won't be able to host. My wife's friend and daughter are scheduled to come over from Nova Scotia for the weekend. However, in talking about this visit, assuming it is not cancelled, the wifey doesn't think my hosting should interfere with the visit (the family computer is located in our living room). So at this point I am more confident that I will be around next week (March 23). \:D/

Therefore, even if we have some individual training during the week as suggested by Blue2, I would like to tentatively plan for some additional group training next week (Friday, March 23rd). Even though we don't intend to play against the K9 Squadrons the following Friday (March 30th), I wouldn't mind us better prepared for the session in any event. They have been competing against another squad in Scorched Earth so we probably could talk them into a friendly competition very soon. And in any event training will only make our teamwork better for regular H.E. sessions.

I will pencil the group training down for March 23 as Blue2 and I believe we can make that session. For those who can't make any mid-week training this will provide some for you guys, in addition to further the training for the lads who can participate on Tuesday/Wednesday of next week.

Thoughts?

TS!
Post Maniac General

Cancellation of Historic Encounters for this Week (March 16)

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:16 pm

Ok to recap we seem to have a good training schedule in the works for interested individuals next Tuesday (March 20) & Wednesday (March 21), and then more training scheduled as a group next Friday (March 23) since I am now likely to be around.

As we are in between campaigns at the moment I was originally proposing some training tomorrow night (March 16), but in light of what is planned I would prefer to wait for Blue2's sessions next week.

So I will take a break from hosting/playing this week (March 16) mates in order to do some other things that need my attention. Next week I will enjoy some training on Tuesday then Friday before we fly with the guys from K9 Squadrons the following week (March 30).

With regards to our next campaign, I received an e-mail from Soda last night indicating that the campaign itself is ready, though he would like to add some more information in the briefings to help guide us in our mission planning.

In addition he noticed our discussion last session on the forums and would like some time to prepare forum briefings that we can enjoy before each session to further help our mission planning. I will have further information about our next campaign soon. From what Soda has told me it looks like a lot of fun!

Regards,
TS!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:44 pm

Ok, Tact, Blue, put me down for the 20th (9pm eastern) too. I'll post to McB and see if he can go that same day (keep our pairing and practice up). If a warm body is need on Wednesday I might be able to swing in that session too, plus it's more practice. If enough can go that night even better.

Noter
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:06 pm

No need mate, I'm right here. Tuesday, and or, Wednesday is fine with me. Looking forward to it. So nothing tomorrow then?
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:48 pm

B-but Tuesday is "House" and Wednesday is "South Park" and Thursday is "30 Rock!"

Well, okay, I'll be there on Tuesday at 8PM CT. If there are too many participants, I can wait to Wednesday.

Great stuff mates, let's gidder done!

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:47 am

Hey, this thread seems to fall under the "Pilot School" sticky. Should we move it there?

Here's what I see so far:
Tuesday, 8PM: TacticalS, Noter, McBiggles & Falcon available. MOH_Soda may listen in. No other responses.
Wednesday, 8PM: Noter, McBiggles & Falcon available. MOH_Soda may listen in. No other responses.

I have email for all these guys except Soda. Also have email for Heloego. Have phone # from McBiggles so far, only.

Hope we hear from Sneaky, Helo, Snoop, and others - ANY interested... but we know some can't mess with this during the week at all. Perhaps we can pick some up with an early training session on Friday instead of doing one Wednesday..? Hmm... let's keep an eye on it.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:59 pm

If there are no objections let's move this in the Pilot School.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:15 pm

You should PM Nightcat :idea:

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)