Help

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Ghost
Postmaster

Help

Post by :FI:Ghost » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:08 pm

I must admit I am a bit lost... Now that I have become a member, I have to download FI skins for all aircrafts, right?? am I going to get personalised skins or?? Can someone tell me what do I have to do now? Where to download them from??
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 pm

Get FI skins here ...

http://www.nerb.ca/fi_skins/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

~~~

Decide which skins you want and which skins that will be used in the campaigns you will fly and download the FI default (those skins with FI markings but no names or sq numbers) and the custom skins of that aircraft type. Each aircraft skin has ~50 custom skins and one FI default skin. ALL these get put in to your proper skin folders, (see "readme" file).

The skinners are ALMOST finished with the Great Skinnin' Project. It has been a rough five months! New custom skins on some aircraft may be slow in coming. New pilots may need to show that they will be active for the long term to qualify.

You should get custom skins if:

- you are a member of the :FI:
- you were on the active pilot list finalized ~Feb 1st or,
- you become an active participant of the many :FI: campaigns,
- you get on the "Skinners Forum", tell us you're qualified and bug the heck out of us until you get what you want.

Gurberly, the provider for the storage of these skins, asks that you not take all the skins at a time, but to sperad your activity on his site through time. Since traffic is probably down now, you may not need to worry about that. You only need those skins for the campaigns you fly, but you can collect them all.

Oh! I can put them next to my Pokemon collection!!

If you are still confused or need more help, please continue to ask.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.