New Campaign - The Goths Ride East

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed May 09, 2007 12:36 am

I can't speak for everyone associated with Historic Encounters. Some of the lads are also regulars on Sundays. However, despite how good looking the host is on Fridays ;), and hopefully the fun we have, a significant attraction for most is the time of week (our Friday evening/night).

I know in talking with some they are not able/willing to take a Sunday afternoon away from family (etc) to play. That's another way of saying our wives won't let us. :-$ That despite the very uneasy moment that comes every week when Falcon asks, "So I will see you guys there on Sunday, right?" followed by silence.

So if "we" are that other like-minded squad my sense is the lads can't make such a commitment. However, I think many of us could definitely make an effort for a scheduled event to enjoy a shared session occasionally. That would be very fun and a great opportunity to learn from each other all under the :FI: banner! Of course this could be either by mixing the group or against each other.

From our limited experience playing with the K9 Squadrons, I would definitely encourage you guys to enjoy playing with/against another group. I think it will promote teamwork so much more. Having said that, you guys have enough lads now to enjoy opposing teams, right? Still there's something even more competitive when you fly against another group for sure.

Perhaps I misunderstood your question Vin? If you want I could raise the question about us joining you guys on some Sunday session soon. Alternatively, could we fly together on a special Friday. Obviously, the session would start earlier to try to cater to both groups. Anyway there's probably a number of possibilities, just not likely anything on a regular basis (especially with summer approaching).

Finally, something I have thought about is if you boys ever get involve with DCG, and if we felt there was a benefit in doing so, we could share the same ongoing campaign between the two groups. If we played all on the same side (albeit on Friday/Sunday), we still could coordinate our efforts. Another option is for the groups to play on opposing sides and see who would win the campaign. If we could manage an actual shared session together somewhere in there that would be the icing on the cake.

Best regards,
TS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Wed May 09, 2007 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Stats update 06 May 07

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed May 09, 2007 5:42 am

Folks!

Today I´ve updated the stats (no ranks assigned though). Would someone else do this for me?

BTW, check those stats, please. In case of any correction send me an email or pm!

Ty for your attention, folks! :D ^:)

Gen "What are your numbers, Sir?" osse ;C))
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Wed May 09, 2007 9:57 am

Ardmore mentioned the EAF squads as a potential opponent. I have flown a few Coops with them so if I see them on I wil ask If they would like to organise a joint co-op one Sunday. Seem a nice bunch and aren't too serious minded or ace laden ;) Pretty much like the FIS. :)

Btw AB in over 2 years here I have never heard Ardmore be rude, on ts or here. A pretty easy going fellow in fact and I'm sure that those who fly with him would agree.

He does however come from the West coast.......so not perfect.
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Wed May 09, 2007 2:58 pm

Ah what the hell! posted on their forum to see if they are interested.

http://www.europeanaf.org/forum/showthr ... #post63280
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed May 09, 2007 4:06 pm

I find this idea ubersuper ;)

Just who'd fly the Allies? I remember that we used to do so;)

M
ImageImageImage
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Since Tact won't speak for the HE Crew...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri May 11, 2007 6:22 am

...I'll speak for meself.

I agree it's a superb idea! We really had a great time in HE with the K9 crew!

But some ground rules need to be laid prior to the Coop such as:
a) icons,
b) externals on or off,
c) mixed squads or one as Allies/one as Axis,
d) map(s)
e) aircraft
f) missions
...not necessarily in that order.

or...

lay it all on Vin and let him surprise us! ;)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri May 11, 2007 6:28 am

You're right. As for externals - there is no possibility of allowing externals on AFTER player has been killed/bailed out? I would opt for one squad Axis - one squad Allied option.

Just my 2 cents;)

BTW - is it possible to be transferred from fighter unit to ground attack unit? I've noticed that I feel much better as ground whinner...Recently worked in pair with Moog and we did quite well, apartf from the mission in which we got killed :)

Mac(I wish I could be there this sunday :( )ca
ImageImageImage
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Fri May 11, 2007 12:57 pm

But some ground rules need to be laid prior to the Coop such as:
a) icons,
b) externals on or off,
c) mixed squads or one as Allies/one as Axis,
d) map(s)
e) aircraft
f) missions
...not necessarily in that order.
The EAF have flown many an online war so I'm sure those settings would be no problem and we have flown those settings before in "Pearl to Japan".

I for one would like to fly the axis side for a change, but happy to go with the majority.

As for the coops themselves, maybe best to tinker with DCG.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Fri May 11, 2007 1:24 pm

:FI:Ardmore wrote: The EAF have flown many an online war so I'm sure those settings would be no problem and we have flown those settings before in "Pearl to Japan".

I for one would like to fly the axis side for a change, but happy to go with the majority.

As for the coops themselves, maybe best to tinker with DCG.

Vin
I haven't had much time recently to write missions - dicky ticker to blame I am afraid.

I have around 20 Stalingrad missions written for single team coop v AI, and a 633 Squadron style mission on the Norway map we could fly allies and axis teams.

It may be a bit late to get a squad v squad session for Sunday so we could fly these, or if someone wants to take on DCG thats fine by me.
Olegs stalker

:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Fri May 11, 2007 4:45 pm

Hi Gents,

all sounds good, could we try some split team work this sunday? if we are gonna fight another squad next sunday I think we all need to get a bit prac working as a team. Any problems we are having could hopefully be identified and worked on before the big match, Just a thought.. I did see a few of the boys yesterday having a 2v2 thats a good start. I should be back online tonight if any the guys want to do some split team coop prac. My second graphics card cooler has gone tit's up so it's back to the old card until I get a replacement :(

Mikester
Post Maniac General

New maps

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon May 14, 2007 10:09 am

Folks!

Since Nellip can´t convert his Stalingrad mission from Red only to Red vs. Blue due to his new job I´d like to take the chance to offer you myself as the host of the next SCS missions.

As I´ve already warned TacticalS! I´m going to use the latest version of the DCG in order to create the missions for the upcoming Sundays. Possible scenarios could be then:
  • Kursk '43
    Kuban '43
    Crimea '43
Which one would you fancy, folks? Any ideas, critics or suggestions?

Cya l8! ;)

Image Image
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Mon May 14, 2007 10:34 am

How about a winter "Defense of Moscow" campaign.

If we had carried on the timeline after Crimea autumn 41, Moscow would have been the next map?

If we want to jump to "43" no problem - I like the Kuban and Kursk maps.
Olegs stalker

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon May 14, 2007 11:18 am

:FI:Nellip wrote:How about a winter "Defense of Moscow" campaign.

If we had carried on the timeline after Crimea autumn 41, Moscow would have been the next map?

If we want to jump to "43" no problem - I like the Kuban and Kursk maps.
Alright, let´s stick with the timeline then ... Crimea '41 followed by Moscow '41 will it be then ... ^:)

Image Image
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon May 14, 2007 12:42 pm

Moscow 41 is a challenge for the red team due to planeset- I-16 vs F4 anyone? Np if we all fly red but for 2 teams it would be an advantage for blue IMO and not so good for squad v squad (if this happens?).
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Mon May 14, 2007 12:53 pm

Not every german unit had F4's and not all axis unit's were german, so that could give you some wiggle room in the mission planning. Also @ Moscow due to the onset of rain and then the harsh winter and the fact that the germans were forced to fly from makeshift fields, there was almost a 95% drop of in the amount to flight's flown buy the germans. I think I posted this somewhere elce in more detail, also those flights that did get up were almost 100% ground attack missions for the germans. If given eneough thought you could make some pritty good missions, anywho no matter what your going to do one side or other is going to feel they got shafted :D .