New Campaign - The Goths Ride East

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sat May 05, 2007 5:34 pm

Looks like I may struggle to join any session tomorrow night - my graphics card died today and I may not be able to get a replacement sorted for tomorrow. :(
Olegs stalker

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat May 05, 2007 6:21 pm

Neil,

Take money out of the kid's college fund,

tell da wiff to cut the grass,

go to CompUSA,

buy one or two 768MB 8800GTX's,

install it/them,

turn on 'puter,

play!

I don't see why you couldn't figure this out for yourself, mate.

Glad I could help,

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Sat May 05, 2007 6:49 pm

I'm free for hosting tomorrow if anyone is interested, and if you are what are we playing?

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Sun May 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Thought we were gonna split the teams this week? I can host some more of these machine match coop's think a few people had fun last week me included! I could host them a bit earlier to make room for scheduled coop's. Just away to look at some new plane sets.
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sun May 06, 2007 2:41 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:Neil,

Take money out of the kid's college fund,

tell da wiff to cut the grass,

go to CompUSA,

buy one or two 768MB 8800GTX's,

install it/them,

turn on 'puter,

play!

I don't see why you couldn't figure this out for yourself, mate.

Glad I could help,

Falcon
Hmm - kids don't have a college fund yet - unless you count my overdraft :lol:

got the good lady to cut the grass - we have a nice lightweight lawnmower :lol:

Hmm - CompUSA - bit of a journey from Tamworth :D , but ordered a ATI 1550 as a stopgap, that will work with my PS, from Dabs last night, but no delivery until next week as it's a public holiday tomorrow in England.

Thanks for the help Fal "Oprah" con :lol:
Olegs stalker

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun May 06, 2007 5:56 pm

:FI:Nellip wrote:Looks like I may struggle to join any session tomorrow night - my graphics card died today and I may not be able to get a replacement sorted for tomorrow. :(
Sorry to hear this Neil! :shock:

As you know I´ve been there as well and it still shocks me thinking of living without my PC (!!!) ... :?

Any chance we´ll meet you tonight?
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon May 07, 2007 2:54 pm

I tend to be somewhat easy going with guys in the squad, but what happened last night when a restart was forced upon me was a bit to much for me to stomach, thats why I shut down last night.

If someone has turned up late for the first coop and folk have taken off, then it seems fair for him to wait it out until the second one starts, not take it upon yourself to force a restart by dropping your bombs on the runway, killing all and sundry around you.
The only person I will mention is Murph, who was blameless in all this, as to the others, would it not have been reasonable to have asked the host his opinion before forcing his hand?

Vin the miffed.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon May 07, 2007 3:15 pm

Sorry Vin,

Since it was the first restart and Murph seems to come in five seconds late a lot and rarely has time for all three missions, I joined in on the mass lemming-like leap from the cliff.

I have always waited for a consensus before going into dervish mode but I'll agree this incident was a we bit quick.

I will ask Eileen to give an extra hard spanking to me tonight and will endeavor to not do it again ... the restart thing, that is.

Falcon
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Mon May 07, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon May 07, 2007 3:17 pm

Yesterday I took a chance after installing an Omega Driver for my card and went online, but it was too late to join you guys. So I flew a little while with the HGs and my temp went up to about 75 degres C. At least it's a bit better than the 120 degrees C I was at a few weeks ago. I hope to rejoin with you guys soon.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Mon May 07, 2007 3:31 pm

I apologize, too, Vin, I feel it was my guilt. Sorry for making your stomach uncomfortable, it won't happen again.

M
ImageImageImage
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue May 08, 2007 9:24 am

:FI:Ardmore wrote:I tend to be somewhat easy going with guys in the squad, but what happened last night when a restart was forced upon me was a bit to much for me to stomach, thats why I shut down last night.

If someone has turned up late for the first coop and folk have taken off, then it seems fair for him to wait it out until the second one starts, not take it upon yourself to force a restart by dropping your bombs on the runway, killing all and sundry around you.
The only person I will mention is Murph, who was blameless in all this, as to the others, would it not have been reasonable to have asked the host his opinion before forcing his hand?
I´m sorry to hear that, Vin! Since the blue pilots were on a different TS channel I didn´t know anything about this. All I knew was that you disappeared from the scene and didn´t show up anymore without any information given by the red pilots what happened there and if you would continue hosting (... maybe they told us but I can´t remember now ...).

Anyhow, I took over the reponsibilty and hosted the three missions in the hope that you´d show up ... :?

Hopefully this won´t happen again, chaps! I think we have strict RULES for this occasion, don´t we?

Gen "Da Chute-Shooter" osse ;C))
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Hot Space
Baby Boardie

Post by Hot Space » Tue May 08, 2007 1:59 pm

:FI:AltarBoy wrote:Yesterday I took a chance after installing an Omega Driver for my card and went online, but it was too late to join you guys. So I flew a little while with the HGs and my temp went up to about 75 degres C. At least it's a bit better than the 120 degrees C I was at a few weeks ago. I hope to rejoin with you guys soon.
Hello :p

Get all my Single Player Campaigns from **here**
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Tue May 08, 2007 2:25 pm

Well whaddya know HotSpace from the HGs. Nice to hear from ya m8. :D
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Tue May 08, 2007 11:37 pm

If you can possibly ignore alterboys contribution to this thread, then I shall continue.
Some of us have have pondered wild and weary, on what the FI should do to keep our Sunday coops interesting and what seems to be the case, is for a like minded squad to take part in these sessions (as in Red versus Blue scenario). Now, of course this is all dependant on if we can get a like minded squad that can be involved in the times we tend to meet.

By all means feel free to comment on this topic ( Apart from alterboy, you may mean well, but by god, you write some crap).

Vin

P.S. Tact? maybe our Sunday stuff could tie in with H.E, if the above came to light.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Wed May 09, 2007 12:06 am

If you want to keep your sessions interesting stop being rude.